- Gemma Edwards
- 44-46 Harrington Road
- 01273 506455
- 8.00am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 0-5 years
Why choose Busy Bees at Brighton : -
Busy Bees in Brighton provides outstanding childcare as reported by Ofsted in 2008. We are housed in two converted Edwardian houses located in the picturesque Preston Park conservation area of Harrington Road.
The nursery is registered for 92 children aged from 0-5years located on 3 floors, close to Brighton train services with direct links to London.
We have dedicated and a hard working staff team which consists of experienced and highly skilled individuals as well as staff training towards their qualification in childcare.
Brighton nursery has a warm friendly atmosphere with abundance of resources suitable for all age groups. The staff thrive on providing exciting and stimulating experiences for the children to grow and develop into happy and confident individuals, building on their own interests and natural curiosities.
Whilst at nursery the children enjoy delicious home cooked food prepared by our cook Jenny. The food is nutritionally balanced and healthy.
We hold regular events from Summer party to Christmas crafts and inviting the local community into the setting to develop the children’s knowledge and hand on experiences.
Here at Brighton the children like to be active with our Wake and Shake initiative as well as having the opportunity to access our dedicated soft play room.
If you require any more information or would like to come and visit the nursery to see our Happy friendly team please give us a call.
What Ofsted say about our nursery: -
- The setting provides an outstanding programme of activities that effectively supports children's learning and development. Children access a well organised range of play and learning areas and in each section, a well structured and highly organised play and learning plan is provided
- Care is also taken by staff to ensure that children's individual learning progress is encouraged
- A strong and highly organised feature of the setting's learning programme is the consistent observation and assessment of children's learning progress. All staff take care to note children's daily achievements and children's key persons, also effectively record children's development and how they are learning
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Outstanding Ofsted 2009 - Click here to see our report
- We have a score of 5 from our EHO inspection
- Large enclosed garden with a separate garden for babies
- Free movement sessions on offer through out the nursery
- Risked assessed walks to local areas for all children
- Highly qualified and experienced staff
- Nappies included in fees
- Library scheme for the over 3’s
- Childcare Vouchers accepted
- Laundry services are offered to all parents free of charge
- Secure finger print entrance system for children’s safety
- Disabled access
- Unique separate soft room for all ages to explore
Hi, I am Gemma Edwards and am the Nursery Manager here at Brighton and I have been working here since January 2012.
I have previously worked at the Hove and Lewes nurseries. I have a NVQ Level 3 in childcare and have worked towards a Level 5 in Leadership and Management. As part of my role I am the Finance Administrator here at the nursery. I deal with all payments and invoices.
I live in Eastbourne with my husband and love spending time with my family and nephew.