- Maggie Bellamy
- Dungannon Road
- 0115 984 7882
- 8.00am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 6 weeks - 5 years
Why choose Busy Bees at Milford School: -
Busy Bees day nursery at Clifton is a small, purpose built, single story nursery on the site of Milford Primary School, on Clifton Estate. The nursery is easily accessible from both Nottingham and the M1, and is on the main bus route from Nottingham City and Nottingham train station.
Our staff are all level 3 qualified with the Manager and Assistant Manager both holding a level 4 qualification, the Manager is also studying for a Foundation Degree. We encourage all staff to develop their skills and are dedicated to providing learning and training opportunities for them. This is supported by the company in the way of a dedicated training department.
The children are encouraged to participate in a number of enjoyable, stimulating and interesting activities, which include Busy Babies, Block Play (for 1 to 2 year olds) and Wake and Shake (for the 2 to 5 year olds) which allows the children the daily opportunity to get active to music. We also advocate free flow, which allows the children to play both indoor and outdoors on a daily basis. The outdoor area is both stimulating and fun, with sand, water, out door class rooms and gardening areas.
The children are provided with a comprehensive menu, which is cooked fresh each day by the nursery chef. All of the produce is supplied by assured suppliers and is therefore traceable, allowing us to provide fresh healthy food. The children are also encouraged to ‘grow their own’ vegetables and fruits which are then harvested and eaten. Children also enjoy baking on a regular basis with the staff and the chef. The nursery recently had an Environmental Health Inspection, where we scored the highest possible rating.
The nursery has fantastic relationships with the local Sure Start Centre and other agencies, including childminders, local play groups and the schools. We provide a Parent Partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and allows for ongoing improvements and developments within the nursery.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2008 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses, with a newly equipped sensory room - new to 2011
- Block Play initiative new to 2011 for all those budding builders
- Cooking with Me initiative coming soon for all those little chefs in the family
- Free parent and toddler group, Fridays 2-3.30pm
- Awarded the NDNA equality counts award level 2
- 5 out of 5 Environmental Health Award
- Highly qualified levels 3 and 4, well-trained, caring, friendly staff team
- Wrap around care provided for local schools - collection and drop off included
- Spacious, bright, well resourced rooms
- Great links with local schools and outside agencies
- Newly developed exciting and challenging discovery garden with an outdoor class room
- Great reputation locally, always recommended by existing parents
- Childcare Community support scheme in place
I have experience within a variety of child settings; these include local authority schools and nurseries, out of school provision and private day nurseries. My previous role was that of a manager in a 126 place private day nursery and it’s 60 place out of school provision.
I joined Busy Bees in October 2010, as the manager of the Clifton nursery. I am very passionate about my role and promoting opportunities daily to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, by providing them with the best education and care possible. My team are all qualified and dedicated to promote positive outcomes for all of the children in their care.
I run a parents partnership group and have excellent relationships with the parents whose children attend the setting, I also have strong links within the local area, working with the local Sure Start team, Health visitors, child minders and the local play groups.
I have a NVQ 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education, as well as my level 4 and am currently in the middle of my Foundation Degree in Early Years, after which time I would like to study for my Professional status.
I live local with my husband and 2 sons aged 7 and 13, and when I am not working or studying I spending time with my family, going to the cinema, reading crime novels and crosswords.