An early Christmas present from Busy Bees...
Book and start a nursery place before 31st December 2013, and receive 25% off one month’s fees and free registration.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Look What We've Been Doing
- Remembrance Day - 11 NOVEMBER 2013
- Fireworks & Bonfire Night - 5 NOVEMBER 2013
- Diwali - 4 NOVEMBER 2013
- Sandwich day - 1 NOVEMBER 2013
- Halloween Party! - 31 OCTOBER 2013
- Roald Dahl's birthday party - 13 SEPTEMBER 2013
- Teddy bear picnic - 10 JULY 2013
- Recycling day - 17 JUNE 2013
- Fathers day at Busy Bees QE - 14 JUNE 2013
- National family week - 27 MAY 2013
- Road safety week at Busy Bees - 16 MAY 2013
- visit from the fire fighters. - 3 MAY 2013
- May Day at Busy Bees - 1 MAY 2013
- St George's day - 23 APRIL 2013
- Children at Busy Bees celebrate Vaisakhi - 14 APRIL 2013
- Easter - 28 MARCH 2013
- Poetry Day - 21 MARCH 2013
- St Patricks Day - 18 MARCH 2013
- Mothers Day - 8 MARCH 2013
- world book day - 7 MARCH 2013
- St Davids Day - 1 MARCH 2013
- Valentines Day - 14 FEBRUARY 2013
- Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) - 12 FEBRUARY 2013
- Chinese New Year - 9 FEBRUARY 2013
- Bug Busting ! - 31 JANUARY 2013
- Christmas meal - 19 DECEMBER 2012
- Pre-School Christmas play - 18 DECEMBER 2012
- Santa came to visit the Nursery - 17 DECEMBER 2012
- Pre-school graduation - 31 AUGUST 2012
- Chick's hatched at Nursery! - 22 JANUARY 2012
- Road Safety week - 20 NOVEMBER 2011
- Children in Need Day - 18 NOVEMBER 2011
- Garden Party! - 11 APRIL 2011
- Busy Babies at the Nursery! - 8 OCTOBER 2010
- Busy Bees celebrate Father's Day in nurs - 19 JUNE 2010
- - 1 JUNE 2010
Why You Will Love Our Nursery: -
Busy Bees at the QE Hospital is a purpose built building, which was opened in 2007. There are 8 Rooms, Poppies holds 9 children aged 0-12 months, Snowdrops holds 9 children aged 9-24 months, Sweetpeas holds 9 children aged 9-24 months, Dragonflies holds 9 children 12-24 months, Bluebells holds 12 children 12-24 months these rooms are all on 1-3 ratio. Butterflies holds 24 children aged 2-3 years and Ladybirds holds 21 children aged 2-3 years both rooms are on 1-4 ratio, Pre-school holds 40 children aged 3-5 years on 1-8 ratio.
We are a secure building which can only be accessed through our display buzzer system. We are open from 7am-6pm (closed on bank holidays). The rooms are all large and airy rooms with Fire exits in each room downstairs. All of our rooms have a Room Manager or Senior Room Manager overseeing the room. We offer emergency places for families attending the QE hospital or who work for the armed forces and have been injured during service.
We have a large garden area which is split into 3 sections that the children can access, a soft play area, a grass area and 1 playground. The children are able to grow their own fruit and vegetables, dig in the mud or sand pits or take part in a variety of exciting activities offered.
The staff at QE Hospital site are dedicated in giving the children the best start and work alongside the parents to provide every opportunity to each child. We follow the EYFS within the nursery and continually observe and support the children in their individual needs. All of our staff are either Level 3 or above trained or are working towards their level 3 qualification. All the staff at QE Hospital are committed in personnel development and attend a variety of courses offered by either our National support centre within the Busy Bees company or with Birmingham council such as First Aid, Food Safety and EYFS to name a few.
We have many initiatives within the nursery designed by our support centre that are offered to the children. Babies have the Busy Babies initiative. This is the black and white area in babies. We also have Wake and Shake. Pre-school children have access to a touch screen computer.
The children's time in nursery is treasured and remembered in a variety of ways, such as displays, photographs and the children's learning journals which are their own to keep when they leave the nursery, we also have a graduation ceremony for all the children to attend when they leave us for school.
We hold parents evenings twice a year for the parents to come along and speak to their child's key person and we have a large amount of parents in our Parent partnership group who support the nursery in many ways.
We have a Senco, Behaviour management co-ordinator, Designated safeguarding officer and Health and safety officer on site who specialise in these areas and support the children, staff and parents.
We offer a healthy and well balanced menu for all the children and have been awarded the 5* award in excellent food hygiene standard. The food is all prepared on site by our trained kitchen staff. There is a four week menu in place that is changed seasonally which includes a weaning menu for our babies.
Experience The Difference
- Good Ofsted 2012 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Grow your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- 98% of our staff are qualified
- A very low turnover
- A secure access system
- An excellent location within the hospital grounds
- Brand new facilities
- A newly transformed large outdoor area where children are able to explore all of the different areas of learning
- A large car park making it easy for dropping off and collecting