Location: Telford - Parkway
17th January 2018

Be careful in the home!

We view children's safety as paramount at Telford Hall Park Way. We are sure parents do the same but here are some tips from the NHS website about choking in the home. 

 

*Raw jelly cubes can be a choking hazard for babies and young children. If you're making jelly from raw jelly cubes, make sure you always follow the manufacturers' instructions.

*Keep small objects, such as buttons, coins and small toy parts, out of your baby's reach.

*Keep small, silver button batteries well away from small children. As well as being a choking hazard, they can cause severe internal burns if swallowed.

*Keep toys designed for older children away from babies and toddlers, as they may have small parts

*Stay with your child when they're eating. Encourage them to sit still while they eat, as running around while eating could make them choke.

*Don’t give young children hard foods, such as boiled sweets or whole nuts

*Once your baby has started on solid food, always cut it up into small pieces. Babies can choke on something as small as a grape (these should be cut lengthways).​

*If you give your baby a bottle, always hold the bottle and your baby while they're feeding.