13th April 2018
Elephant Tea Party and Easter Cake Sale
Elephants Tea Party & Easter Cake Sale
Raising money for Child Bereavement UK
At Busy Bees Chingford, the children and staff all enjoyed having an Elephants Tea Party! We blew up lots of balloons and decorated the central area. We then set up all of the tables in the central area, so all of the age groups can enjoy their tea together. For tea the children had yummy sandwiches, carrot sticks and tortilla chips with dip! Whilst eating, we provided background music for the children to listen to. After the children had eaten, they got creative and decorated cakes. They had a choice out of multiple colour icings and sprinkles, which allowed them to have their own choice. Vinnie (1-2 years), squeezed the icing tube as hard as he could and said “Help” to one of the staff members. The staff member helped Vinnie squeeze his icing which satisfied him very much. Phoebe was very confident when squeezing her icing, she moved the tube up and down as the icing was falling out. Hisham loved sprinkling his sprinkles on the cake, he shook the tub of sprinkles and watched as they fell onto the cake, making a colourful pattern.
During the week, we also had a cake sale! The staff members all made and decorated their own cakes using a Easter theme. When parents come to collect their children, we had a cake sale stand full of various cakes for them to purchase.
What is Child Bereavement UK?
Child Bereavement UK supports families when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child his facing bereavement. They provide;
- A confidential listening service
- Guidance and information on a wide range of topics and issues
- Details about the direct support Child Bereavement UK can offer
- Signposting to other organisations which can offer further support.
They also provide training for professionals- included in the training is
- A comprehensive programme of courses delivered at locations across the country
- Full interactive training, delivered by skilled facilitators
- Tailor-made workshops to meet your organisations specific needs
- Course materials and a CPD certificate of attendance
- Consultancy and supervision for statutory, voluntary and corporate sectors