|Fresh Basil||½ bunch|
|Chopped Tomatoes||400 g|
|Pinch White Pepper||1|
|Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Ricotta Cheese||250 g|
|Tomato Puree||2 tbsp|
|Grated Cheddar||100 g|
- Pre-heat the oven to GM5/190c.
- Trim the aubergines and cut lengthways into 1cm slices and lightly brush each side with olive oil.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake for about 20minutes until tender turning once then set to one side to cool.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and sweat the onions for 3-4minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, tomatoes and a little pepper.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for about 10minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue to cook for about 15minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
- Cover the bottom of an oven proof dish with ½ the sauce.
- Put a dollop of ricotta cheese onto a slice of aubergine and then roll it up.
- Place on top of the sauce and then repeat until the dish is full.
- Cover the aubergine rolls with the other ½ of the sauce and the top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden.