|Self raising flour/ gluten free flour (for gluten free diet)||8 oz|
|Baking powder/ gluten free baking powder (for gluten free diet)||1 tsp|
|Light brown soft sugar||5 oz|
|Grated carrot||4 oz|
|Bananas peeled and mashed||2|
|Fresh double cream||2 1/2 fl oz|
|Sifted icing sugar||2 oz|
|Full fat soft cheese hardened||3 oz|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 tsp|
- For gluten free diets use gluten free flour, and gluten free baking powder.
- For egg free diets use vegetable oil.
- For dairy free diets use Dawn Phase margarine and omit the cheese topping and cream, use dairy free butter icing.
- Mixing bowl
- 8inch round cake tin
- Mixing spoon
- Cooling rack
- Measuring scales
- Measuring jug
1. Grease and line an 8inch deep round cake tin.
2. Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in sugar.
3. Add raisins, carrots and bananas stir to mix.
4. Add eggs and oil beat until well mixed.
5. Pour into prepared tin and bake at Gas Mark 4, 180°c / 350°f, for 1 ½ hours or until firm to touch.
6. Remove from tin and cool on a wire cooling rack.
7. Whip cream until softly stiff.
8. Cream icing sugar, cheese and vanilla essence together, then fold in the cream.
9. Spread over top of cake and serve.