Gluten Free Pancakes
|Gluten-free all purpose flour||120g|
|Ground flaxseed (flax meal)||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||2 tsp|
|Maple syrup (or sugar or honey)||2 tbsp|
|Unsweetened apple sauce||2 tbsp|
|Non-dairy substitute (coconut/almond/rice/soya milk)||240ml|
- Grease a griddle, and preheat oven on medium heat
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and your non-dairy substitute. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest ¼ amount at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
- On your griddle, begin to cook the pancakes, using about ¼ amount of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve.