Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Hull is located close to the town centre and just a two minute walk from St Stephens shopping centre. We are a purpose built, single story nursery with a secure access system. The nursery has three well-equipped rooms which are specifically designed and resourced for the age groups babies, toddlers and pre-school.
We provide a variety of interesting and stimulating activities for the children to enjoy including Wake and Shake, our daily activity that is not only fun but enhances child development too! We also offer Rock a tots dance classes. New to the nursery a digital interactive table.
Whilst at nursery the children enjoy delicious home cooked food which is nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a four week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide range of tastes, textures and flavours within their meals. We are also fully equipped to provide for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences and we always provide a vegetarian option to our meals that include meat.
Our staff hold qualifications ranging from NVQ Level 2 to BA (Hons) in Education and the Early Years Professional Status (EYPS). Our staff are offered regular opportunities to attend training courses to enable them to keep their knowledge and skills up to date.
We pride ourselves on the relationships we have with the children in our care and with their families. We strongly believe that to provide the best care for children the nursery and the children’s families need to work together. We provide daily feedback to all parents when they collect their children at the end of their day at nursery. We also provide progress reports, learning journey’s and we hold regular parent’s evenings.
All children that attend the nursery are allocated a key person who will plan activities for children based around their individual interests. The key person will also complete a Learning Journal for each child, this is given to the child to keep when they leave nursery to remind them of the time they spent here.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted March 2015 - Click here to see our report
- 5% discount to all NHS Employees
- Digital interactive table
- Baking classes for all those little chefs
- Regular trips to local museums, libraries and parks
- Sensory area in 0-2's for that relaxing quiet time
- Small homely setting whilst purpose built and staffed by caring warm, friendly experienced staff
- Newly completed outside area with room to run, rest and play
- A good/high security access system
- Well qualified and trained staff
- Good partnership with families
- Good partnerships with Early Years and Local Schools
- Town centre nursery/good location
- 5 scores on the doors for Enviromental Health
- We offer School Day sessions