Busy Bees at Livingston - Alba
Alba Campus, Rosebank, Livingston, EH54 7EG
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Mhairi on 01506 461100
Average Rating: 5
Total Number of Reviews: 1
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
0 - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Welcome to Livingston Alba, we are situated only 5 minutes from Livingston Centre with multiple road networks easy leading to the M8 and A71 making travelling to neighbouring city's such as Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We provide quality childcare for babies and young children aged between 6 weeks and 5 years of age.
Livingston Alba is situated in the Alba Campus, we are a purpose built building with four generous sized rooms, all equipped to suit the growing needs of each individual child. All our rooms have the added benefit of having access to their own age/stage appropriate gardens. The free flow system within our nursery allows children to freely move from indoors to outdoors easily and of their own choice throughout the day. The Centre is located in a beautiful rural area surrounded by fields, walk ways and ponds which gives they children the pleasure of visiting these places and to watch the wonderful wildlife such as swans and Mallard ducks.
We are passionate about outdoor play incorporated with the use of loose parts play. We have a developed garden space that is equipped for imaginative and creative play that allows the children to be innovative and experiment with risky play in a safe environment. We also have the use of the Biodiversity Garden that is situated just up the road from the Centre.
We also have a very large indoor area between the base rooms which is wonderful for active play when the Scottish weather stops walks and play in the garden. This is also used for when we hold extra curriculum activities such as Caterpillar music, sports classes and French lessons with our French teacher Sandra.
All our staff are dedicated to ensure your child's individual needs are met, providing days full of fun and excitement! All our staff hold SVQ qualifications from level 2 and upwards and all hold current and up to date PVG's and are all registered members of the SSSC.
Our opening hours are 7.30 to 6pm Monday to Friday (except Good Friday and Easter Monday, 25th and the 26th of December and the 1st and 2nd of January.) which is designed to give parents the greatest flexibility for childcare.
We would love it for you to come and see our amazing Centre and have the most amazing time at Busy Bees Alba.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Graded by the Care Inspectorate July 2019 - Please see here
- Four large spacious and bright rooms, we also have a separate dinning area for the children and a large communal area for the children to utilise when the weather is unsuitable
- All of our rooms have access to their own special garden spaces where lots of outdoor learning happens
- A private car park at the entrance to the nursery which makes visits to us very easy
- All the nutrious meals and snacks are included and prepared on site fresh by our lovely qualified chef Cheryl. They are accredited by NHS surestart.
- A caring and qualified team who dedicate their time to the children.
- The nursery is closed on Good Friday & Easter Monday, 25th & 26th December and 1st & 2nd January. Where Bank holidays fall on a weekend the nursery will be closed on that years designated dates. (Usually the following Monday or Tuesday)
- All base rooms are equipped with exciting age stage appropriate resources and equipment.
- Safety Co-ordinator on site
- Behaviour Management and ASL Co-ordinator - will work with you and your child on a one to one basis if required.
- All current staff are fully qualified and hold either a First Aid at Work or a Paediatric First Aid certificate
- We have the use of the Glenmorangie Biodiversity Garden
- We hold termly parents nights
- A key person who will help you keep in touch with all the activities of the nursery day and also ensure that they can provide your child with extra comfort and reassurance a if necessary.
What our customers say about us
The nursery have continued to provide a fantastic level of care during the pandemic. The new centre director has worked hard to implement change & is keen to communicate with families.