Busy Bees at Rothamsted Lodge
Rothamsted Lodge, Hatching Green, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 2JS
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Diane on 01582 462533
From 07:15 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees at Rothamsted Lodge is a beautiful day nursery set in the rural area of Harpenden, with easy access to the M1 and walking distance from Harpenden train station. There is plenty of parking in the car park at the side of the nursery, with a ‘quick access’ drop off point located at the front of the nursery. We cater for 64 children per day in a friendly home away from home setting.
Our busy day nursery has a total of four children’s base rooms catering for children from 3mths – 5years.
The bottom floor consists of two children’s rooms; Babies and Tots, which range in age from 3mths – 2years. The first floor also consists of two children’s rooms; Toddlers and Preschool, which range in age from 2 – 5years.
We have three main newly refurbished secure garden areas which consist of sand and water play, sensory walls, chalk boards, soft play and much more! The garden areas are broken down into three age groups so that the children can access and enjoy a range of activities that are specific to their age and stage of learning.
The baby room (3 – 18mths) have a free-flow system from their room to their own secure garden area, the tot’s room (18mths – 2years) also have a free-flow system from their room to a secure garden area which they share with the toddler room (24 – 30mths). Pre-School (3 – 5years) have the biggest garden area which houses an outside school room which is easily accessible to the Pre-School children throughout the year.
We have an exceptional staff team who are truly committed to providing the best quality of care for every child in the nursery. Staff regularly attends training through Busy Bees to further their knowledge of working in a nursery setting. There are also plenty of opportunities for staff to engage in NVQ training to enable them to further their development and careers.
Julia our Head Chef has worked at the nursery for over ten years. Julia is dedicated to providing a healthy, safe, nutritious and interesting menu for all the children. She is fully trained on catering for children with special dietary requirements and likes to get involved with the children when they do their ‘cook with me’ activities. Children love learning about healthy eating and being part of the menu choices within the preschool committee also. Kriston is our Chef’s assistant who works opposite Julia and is just as passionate about catering and providing the children with good, wholesome and nutritious meals as Julia.
Here at Rothamsted Lodge nursery we have a dedicated ‘partnerships with parents’ team which is made up from 3 parents, the manager and assistant manager. The team work well together to ensure the service the nursery provides is the best it can possibly be and these parent’s are on hand on our ‘Parent Committee’ tab to answer any questions you may have about the nursery that you would like to get a parent’s view on.
We also have lots of fun and exciting initiatives we are implementing in the nursery such as Wake and Shake, Monkeynastix, Playdough Disco and many more! More information on these can be found in our facilities.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Good Ofsted 2017 - Click here to read the report.
- Wake & Shake – Singing and dancing to give the children a healthy start to their day.
- Good links to local schools – We like to ensure the transitions to school go as smoothly as possible!
- Busy Babies - A stimulating black and white area complimented by a soothing and relaxing lilac area….the perfect environment for inquisitive little minds.
- Babble to Chatter - A wonderful enhancement which is evidenced throughout the whole nursery. This opportunity was derived from our childcare team and links theory to practice which in turn, enhances the children’s development with practical ideas and activities.
- Monkeynastix - A truly fantastic experience for all Pre-School and Toddler children as they engage in a range of sporting opportunities such as Gymnastics, tennis, athletics, rounder’s, PE, aerobics and much more!
- Nurturing Problem Solving to Mathematics – An innovative enhancement to nursery life which ensures high quality mathematical teaching for the children.
- Talk Time Baskets – For children aged between 3months to 3 years.
- Tailor made Pyjama service – Save yourself time during the beginning and end of your day by bringing your child into nursery in their pyjama’s ready for us to get them ready for their day. Alternatively they can be provided so that we can get them ready for bed so that you have more time in the evenings.
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared on site by our 2 qualified and experienced chefs to promote healthy eating and a Packed lunch option should your child need to leave before a meal time to save you time.
- Great location, close to the M1 and short walking distance from Harpenden train station and town centre, close location to the ‘Nicky Line’ walk path and ‘Rothamsted park’ walk path.
- Close to Rothamsted park, Fire station, Rothamsted Research, Farm, Harpenden and St. Albans Town Centre and Harpenden library for nursery outings
- Please do arrange a visit to come and visit our nursery, Sara & Leanne can’t wait to show you around and talk about the wonderful activities and setting we have here!
What our customers say…
Harry has been really happy here and has been very well looked after with good care, great food and range of activities
The nursery staff are fantastic - we are sad to be leaving
We are very impressed with the standard of care which Matthew receives
Great staff and my son is extremely happy at the nursery
Many thanks for taking such good care of Leo he is always so happy when I come to pick him up. He has developed tremendously in the last few months and I couldn't have been happier with your nursery