Busy Bees at Wigan, Scholes
Windmill Close, Scholes, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN1 3QS
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Jennifer on 01942 239939
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees at Scholes Wigan is a purpose built two storey building located in Scholes, Wigan.
The nursery has five individual rooms designed and dedicated to each age group. Each room provides suitable and various opportunities for play and exploration relating to each age group taking into account the EYFS and each child’s individual needs and abilities. Our rooms are inviting, comfortable and an ideal place for your child to learn and play. The nursery has two outdoor play areas with soft astro-turf and a wide range of outdoor toys and equipment. Our upstairs outdoor play area also incorporates a garden area where the children can play, plant and learn about nature and the outdoors.
Our team are all dedicated and passionate about child care. They are all CRB checked and qualified to take on their job role. Our staff take part in extra training courses throughout the year to further their knowledge and experience equipping them to be the best that they can be.
Our nursery uses a specialist key person system that links your child with their own individual key worker. This system ensures that your child has someone who will closely monitor their progress, well-being and safety when within the nursery. The key person will be someone who your child can form a trusting bond with and feel secure with. The key person will make sure that their children are meeting their age related targets and goals in line with standards and the EYFS.
All food is made on site daily by our fully qualified kitchen team. Our food is fresh and locally sourced. Our menus are devised with a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition in mind. They are varied to enable the children to enjoy an exciting range of different foods.
We also hold special visits and events around the year involving external practitioners to help your child learn about things in a way that’s a little bit more special and exciting for example:
- Health practitioners to teach about health and well-being
- Fire, Police services
- Zoos and Animals
We work hard to make our nursery fun, inviting and comfortable and are more than welcome for you to come and take a look around!
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Rooms which are carefully designed, cheerfully decorated and thoughtfully furnished to provide specialist care for each age group
- Modern, age-appropriate toys, sensory play areas, stimulating learning aids and equipment
- Gardens with lots of outdoor play equipment - providing exciting opportunities for all age groups to explore
- Active parental involvement - we always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family
- Carefully selected staff who are thoroughly checked before appointment
- Detailed induction programmes and regular training for all staff
- A 'Key Person' who will help you keep in touch with all the activities of the nursery day and also ensure that they can provide your child with extra comfort & security and reassurance if necessary
- Safe and secure buildings which have CCTV cameras and closely monitored access
- Regular feedback including annual parental surveys which are valued and encouraged
What our customers say…
I have found the care and staff at Busy Bees exceptional. Harry has an excellent foundation for school.
- K McCann
She has enjoyed her time at NuNu and will miss everyone a lot. As her Mum I am very happy with the level of care my little one has received in the months she has been here. Thank you
So glad Aaron came, heâ€™s loved it and we have loved him being here.
- Louise Oâ€™Toole
She loves NuNu and the staff are truly excellent! They care about the children and I have no hesitation in recommending NuNu to friends
She has never not wanted to come to NuNu in the three years she has been attending. She has loved it and developed great