Busy Bees actively seek development sites and properties for conversion to develop in to new nurseries. In addition, we also consider acquiring existing trading nurseries from single sites, to groups of nurseries.
Our team of professionals ensure our nurseries meet all planning requirements and are sympathetic to the surrounding areas whilst providing the best possible environment for providing the quality childcare Busy Bees are renowned for.
We will consider most opportunities but the following points provide a guide towards what we look for in a nursery to join the Busy Bees portfolio.
- Good quality premises either owned or leased with outdoor play space and preferably some car parking for parents and staff
- Generally seeking a registration of 50 places or more
- A good record of occupancy
- A good record of profitability
Properties for conversion
- Existing buildings around 4,000 - 7,000 sq ft with car parking and outdoor play area
- D1 planning consent or suitable for change of use
- Freehold or leasehold
- Churches, offices, residential, telephone exchanges, doctors surgeries or any other suitable building
- Development sites of circa 0.4 - 0.6 acres. Smaller sites considered within M25 or where communal car parking is offered
- Turnkey and D&B options welcome
- Visible sites with good access
- Residential locations close to arterial routes, neighbourhood centres, business and retail parks
- Ideal locations close to new build housing, schools, hospitals, supermarkets and other amenities