- Karen Povey and Vicky Hilton
- Unit 11
Trinity Road,Ashford, Kent TN25 4BY(SATNAV
use - TN25 4AB)
- 01233 663386
- 07815 940329
- 7.30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 0 - 5 years
Why choose Busy Bees at Ashford: -
Busy Bees Nursery in Ashford is a 86 place purpose built day nursery on one level.
Our Nursery is ideally placed for journeys into and around Ashford. We have direct access to the M20 and are situated between the routes for Faversham and Canterbury.
There are two bus routes which serve the local area which run often and are within walking distance of the nursery.
We have 4 base rooms in the nursery all of which are open and airy with age appropriate equipment and activities and children’s art work displayed in each room.
Each room has access to our beautiful garden which has been recently refurbished, in the garden we have 2 large sand pits, balance beams and a wooden house to play in.
We pride ourselves on how well “free flow” runs in our nursery with the children being able to move from inside to outside as they wish still being able to participate in activities.
We have home cooked fresh food cooked on site daily by our level 3 qualified chef Sarah-Louise.
At Ashford we have excellent communication with our parents including our Parent Partnership Group which is a group of parents who meet with the Management team 4 times a year, the group is free to join by any parent; we also have parent’s evenings twice a year.
We have a strong Key person system in place with each child forming close and comforting bonds with their key children and completing fun activities for them to explore, they also complete personal Learning Journals for each child they care for.
We have hard working staff who our mainly qualified to a level 3 or above, we currently have 4 members of staff working towards their level 3’s and our training in house with our Busy Bees training team.
Ashford operate an open door policy and welcome feedback and input.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2012 - Click here to view our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Large self-contained rooms for each age group with toilet facilities
- Self-contained baby unit with dedicated milk kitchen
- Secure enclosed large garden with hard and soft surfaces and weather shelters
- Cooking session once a week with our Assistant Chef Trever
- Drop off area at the front of the nursery
- Finest equipment and learning materials
- Friendly staff team consisting of qualified experienced staff. Trainee staff are completing levels 2 and 3 in NVQ training and are offered support and work experience.
- Qualified and experienced chef who ensures the menus are of good quality and taste using local companies for fresh and chilled produce.
- Large airy seating area for parents and staff to use.
- Use of Treasure Chest Resource centre for extra stimulating toys and equipment.
- Good links with Speech Therapists, Early Years advisors and Specialist Teachers for advice and support.
My name is Karen Povey and I am the Manager of the Ashford Busy Bees day nursery, I have come from another Busy Bees Day Nursery in London. I was also at Chatham nursery for 16 years, I then worked my way up from Nursery Nurse to Nursery Manager. I have also gained an OUTSTANDING Ofsted result with my team at Chatham.
I have two daughters, my eldest Sophie, who is now 6 years old and I have recently had my 2nd daughter who is 1 year old, Millie, who comes to the nursery with me and loves the nursery environment.
I have got my NNEB in childcare, NVQ level 3 and leadership capability programme and First aid at work. I have also gained lots of experience and training at Busy Bees such as Basic Food Hygiene and Health & Safety.
I genuinely believe that working with children is the best job in the world. My team at Ashford know how privileged we are to be working with children in some of the most important years of their lives. It is an honour that parents entrust us with their children and we do our best to ensure that they have a fantastic nursery experience while learning so much at the same time.
I am passionate about working well in partnership with parents as they are their children's first and most enduring educators . I am also keen to develop the staff's skills, knowledge and understanding within childcare. It gives me great satisfaction to see them work their way up within the nursery and their career.
I work Monday to Wednesday at Ashford and Thursday and Friday at Chatham on Maternity cover until January 2014, I am looking forward to meeting all my new families and working with a new team at Ashford Nursery.