- Sue Barton
- Chester Street
- 0121 333 3733
- 7:30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 5years
Why choose Busy Bees at Dartmouth Circus: -
Busy Bees Children Day Nursery at Dartmouth Circus in Birmingham is a single storey purpose built nursery. We are situated just off the Aston Expressway near the Dartmouth Circus roundabout. The nursery is ideally located close to Birmingham City Centre, near to the colleges, universities and Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
The nursery consists of four large, bright, airy rooms where the children are divided into age groups. These are the Baby Room (0-1yrs), Pre Toddlers (1-2yrs), Toddlers (2-3yrs), and Pre-School for children 3yrs and over.
We have a large car park, where parents are free to leave their cars during the day. We also have a large secure outdoor area for children to enjoy physical activities.
Our latest Ofsted inspection was carried out in February 2013. We received a GOOD rating throughout.
We have friendly, hard-working and dedicated staff with various child care and paediatric first aid qualifications. Busy Bees, together with Birmingham City Council, provide on-going training to ensure all staff are kept up to date with any changes to child care requirements.
We have a close working relationship with SENCO, local midwives and health visitors who will visit regularly and offer support when needed.
Our onsite chef prepares and cooks a variety of tasty and nutritious meals throughout the day, ensuring all children receive the correct amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients their bodies need to grow and develop. The weekly menu rotates on a seasonal basis to make sure that only the freshest of ingredients are used.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2013 - click here to see our report
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- Wake and Shake - Our daily dance and exercise programme to stimulate the children whilst having fun
- Steps to Independence – Designed to encourage independence from an early age
- Cooking with Me – For children to explore the world of creative cooking
- Newly developed garden area with additional growing areas for all those little budding gardeners
- Dedicated areas for younger and older babies to be cared for separately
- Homecooked meals for all children including weaning stages
- Secure Access System in place
- A large private car park making it easy for parents to drop off and collect their children
- Easy access to Birmingham city centre and the main bus and train routes
- Dedicated and experienced staff team
- CCTV in place
Hi, I'm Sue Barton and I'm the nursery manager at Busy Bees Dartmouth Circus. I have been with the company since July 2009.
I have an NVQ level three in childcare and education, and have worked in a wide variety of settings including nurseries, schools and special schools.
Before coming to Dartmouth Circus I was previously a deputy manager at a private day nursery for over 8 years.
Since joining Busy Bees I have attended numerous training courses both within the company and also the local authority. These include safeguarding 1 & 2, first aid at work & inclusion, and paediatric first aid.
Working a Dartmouth Circus nursery is very interesting, challenging & enjoyable as no two days are ever the same.
I enjoy spending time with our current children, parents & staff - whilst constantly looking to reassure potential new parents that this nursery is the right choice for their child to begin their journey into education in a safe and comfortable enviroment with caring staff they feel safe and secure with.