- Caroline Cooper
- St Matthews
- 01543 678690
- 07848 010597
- 7:30am - 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 11years
Why choose Busy Bees at St Matthews: -
Busy Bees at St Matthews is a beautiful converted church, just on the outskirts of Lichfield. Much of the original character of the building has been retained to provide spacious and interesting rooms and well thought spaces for young children.
The nursery consists of 8 play rooms on the ground and first floor with a private and safe garden for all children.
We also provide Out Of School Care and Holiday Club facilities for children up to 11 years old in our 'Hive' room. We currently provide before and after school drop off and collection services to 2 local schools.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2009 - Click here to see our report
- Secret garden - where pre-school children can do some bug hunting or explore the wigwam
- Debutots - Dipping tiny toes into a world of stories, words and sounds
- Mitchy Titch Yoga with Michelle Burton
- Trips and outings
- Bright, welcoming play areas for each age group
- Secure outdoor play areas with safe, soft flooring
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared on site every day
- 5 star food hygiene rating
- Beautiful 9ft aquarium in the baby room - come and see it
- Early Years Teacher in place to support your children's development alongside the curriculum
- Friendly, established staff team
- Interactive Smart Board in 3-5's - come on all you IT users, show us how it's done
- CCTV throughout and secure access systems
The Hive Holiday Club
The Hive offers a multitude of activities to meet all of the children’s interests where the children can relax, play games and take part in planned activities and do their homework before they go home.
‘The Hive is cool & awesome. I like drawing people and it is fun.’
By Jordan aged 8 years.
‘I like making play dough because my hands go all gooey.’
By Charlie aged 4 years.
Our facilities include the following activities plus much much more.
- X box
- Homework club
- Trips out
- Arts & Craft activities
- Child initiated play & activities
- Secret garden
- Outside play area
- Planned activities on offer every day, ranging from making potions to a variety of board games
For an up to date listing of our Current Holiday Dates and activities please see our 'what's on' listing on this page.
The Hive Out of School Club
Schools Drop off and Pick list
Our Out of School club includes Dropping off and collecting your child from their school, we currently offer this service for the following schools.
- Fulfen Primary School
- Holly Grove Primary School
Hi, my name is Caroline Cooper, I have been working for Busy Bees since St. Matthews opened in January 2005. I started as Assistant Manager and was promoted to Manager in 2008, I enjoy leading a fantastic staff team who are dedicated to providing quality childcare in the Burntwood area.
In 1994, I gained my NNEB certificate in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, where I started working with children and I haven’t looked back. I then went on to complete a Level 4 in Leadership and Management, I have also completed courses in First Aid at Work, Food Hygiene, Behaviour Management and Paediatric First Aid.
The staff team are true ambassadors who provide quality childcare, creating exciting and stimulating environments for every age range from the Snowdrops Baby room to The Hive, Before and After School Club. As Manager I ensure the team have appropriate training and support to deliver the best for our little ones, including training on the new Early Years Foundation Stage, planning and observations, First Aid, Health and Safety, Special Education Needs and many more.
As a full-time working mum, I truly believe my two children are getting the best start in life coming to St. Matthews, in Burntwood.