Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees in Canterbury provides OUTSTANDING childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2013). Busy Bees at the Riverside Children’s Centre is a single storey, purpose built facility. We are situated within a children's centre that provides support and advice for families with children under five.
The nursery has a large well equipped outdoor play area for the children to enjoy as an outdoor classroom and physical play area, with lots of shady trees and awnings. The nursery was redecorated in December 2011.
The Nursery is situated close to the City Centre with easy access to both Canterbury East and West train stations and bus routes.
We are fortunate enough to receive support from the team of professionals at the Children’s Centre. For example, our Staff have regular training from a qualified teacher to ensure that they are making the most of learning opportunities for the children. The teacher also runs parent workshops so you can find out more about how we support children’s learning and development within the nursery. We also work closely with the health visitor who has run activities for children and training for staff. She will also meet with parents if they ever have any queries or concerns about their children’s health and development.
We pride ourselves on providing delicious home cooked food from our nutritionally balanced menu. The menu is written with support from our National Support office and parent involvement so you have the opportunity to let us know what your children enjoy eating at home. The Manager and Assistant Chef both hold a Level 2 Qualification in Nutrition and Food Safety in Catering and the Chef holds a Level 3 in Food Safety in Catering.
We have excellent communication with parents including daily sheets detailing information about your child’s day as well as verbal feedback, learning journals. We have an open door policy and welcome parent feedback and input.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- OUTSTANDING ofsted 2013 - Cick Here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Awarded 5* from Environmental Health
- Cooking with me - Initiative for all those little chefs in the family
- Wake and Shake to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Shake and Write – dance activity to support the physical skills needed for handwriting – exclusive to Busy Bees
- Large, well-equipped garden which is used daily
- Healthy meals, freshly cooked on the premises by a qualified chef using locally sourced produce
- We have a great Parent Partnership Group
- Based within a Riverside children's centre with whom we work closely in providing links and easy access to other services and professionals
- Nappies inclusive to all children within nursery
- Sensory room for those quiet moments
- 4% off your nursery fees if you use real nappies