- Karen Lenoir and Lynsey Fearn
- Brooke Street
- 01257 265500
- 7:30am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 11years
Why choose Busy Bees at Brooke Street: -
Busy Bees at Brooke Street provides OUTSTANDING childcare as reported by Ofsted 2011.
Busy Bees at Brooke Street is located in the centre of Chorley town. It is a purpose-built, two-storey nursery, with a stunning music and dance studio and extensive well developed play areas.
We also provide Out Of School Care and Holiday Club facilities for children up to 11 years old in our 'Hive' room.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2011 - click here to see our report
- Music and dance studio
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Block Play initiative for all those budding builders
- Our Imagination Station initiative for all the little explorers
- Interactive whiteboard in pre-school
- French lessons for pre-school
- Ballet lessons
- Kinder Musik to encourage your childs hidden musical talent
- Story Sport
- Fantastic, large and spacious outdoor play area offering challenging experiences for the children
- Age appropriate rooms with the flexibility to accomodate each individual child's needs
- Goverment funded places - up to 15hrs per week
- Flexible sessions can be offered to parents on request
- Ideally located within commuting distance of Chorley, Manchester and Preston
The Hive Holiday Club
We have large Out of School facilities providing Before and After School and Holiday care.
'The Hive' at Brooke Street offers lots of things to do for your child, it is a great place for your child to come and have fun and make new friends. Parents and Carers recieve -
- Peace of mind of qualified and highly trained staff
- Peace of mind of a safe & secure environment
- NHS staff discount
- Flexible places
- Knowing your children are having a great time!
Our facillities include the following activities plus much much more.
- Playstation 3, Wii, Xbox – Kinect, Fizz books
- Trips out
- Cooking With Me, Wake & Shake
- Separate Building
- Climbing Wall
- Rumble in the Jungle
- Skate Boards
- Music & Dance Studio
- Chill out Room
- Table Tennis
- Large Spacious Rooms
- Gardening Club
- Dance Club
- Football area
- Home Work Area
- Flexible Places
- NHS discount on offer
- Half Day holidays
Shuttle Bus services
We are offering a Shuttle Bus service for every Holiday Club from 2 of our other Busy Bees Nurseries. We will be doing collections and drop off's at Chorley NHS & Bamber Bridge at the below times -
Chorley NHS – We will collect your child from the nursery car park at 8am the shuttle bus will leave at 8:10am prompt.
- We will return your child to your collection point at 5:30pm.
Bamber Bridge – We will collect your child from the nursery at 8:30am the shuttle bus will leave at 8:40am prompt
- We will return your child to your collection point at 4:50pm, all children are to be collected by 5pm prompt.
Please note that you must book your place on the Shuttle bus in advance. Please contact Karen or Lynsey at Brooke Street for further information.
The Hive Out of School Club
Schools Drop off and Pick list
Our Out of School club includes Dropping off and collecting your child to and from their school, we currently offer this service for the following schools:
- St Laurences C of E
- St Georges C of E - Collect Only
- Duke Street Primary
- Gillibrand Primary
- Euxton St Marys
- Euxton C of E
- Highfield Primary - Collect only
- Sacred Heart RC
- All Saints C of E - Collect only
Other schools will be considered on a demand basis
For an up to date listing of our Current Holiday Dates and activities please see our 'what's on' listing on this page.
Karen Lenoir the Nursery Manager:
I started working for Busy Bees in 1996 as a Nursery Nurse working with two to three year olds and later with preschool children and was promoted to Deputy Manager in 1999. In 2000 I moved to Busy Bees nursery at the Land Registry in Lytham where I became a Nursery Manager.
I then moved to Busy Bees at Ashton House in 2002 as the Nursery Manager before moving to Brooke Street in Chorley in January 2010, I am also an Area Manager covering the North West Region. More recently I became part of the Equality and Diversity Forum for the company.
I have undertaken training on Safeguarding Children, British Safety Council Level 1 Health and Safety, Early Years Foundation Stage, Basic Food Hygiene, Special Education Needs and First Aid at Work.
I am currently completing a Level 3 in Forest School Training, which focuses on outdoor play in natural environment.
Lynsey Fearn the Deputy Manager:
I started working for Busy Bees in April 2001 as a Nursery Nurse working with children aged two to three years. In 2002, I was then promoted to Room Leader of the Out of School Club, running the before and after school club and holiday club.
In summer 2003, I transferred to the Busy Bees at Preston Hospital when I became a Deputy Manager working within the baby room with children aged three months to one year. Later that summer I returned to Brooke Street to open the new Out of School Building which I then became manager of.
In 2006 I also took on the role of Deputy Manager at Brooke Street and I manage the nursery on a Thursday and Friday.
I have attended training on Safeguarding Children, British Safety Council Level 1 Health and Safety, Early Years Foundation Stage, Basic Food Hygiene, Special Education Needs and First Aid at Work.