- Sarah Ivory
- Loddon Vale Centre
- 0118 969 1299
- 8.00am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3 months - 5years
Why choose Busy Bees in Reading Woodley: -
Busy Bees in Reading Woodley has been established since 2000, it is a purpose built single storey nursery ideally located for easy access to M4 motorway, Junction 10.
Our nursery has a ‘home from home’ feel to the environment with bright, welcoming and spacious rooms. We have a low turnover of staff so the children really get to know their carers. Our staff are dedicated into giving your child the best start in life and take regular training opportunities with Busy Bees to ensure the education, well-being and safety of your child.
At nursery we provide regular extra-curricular activities and also implement specially designed initiatives into the nursery. Your child will get involved and learn about the importance of healthy eating and growing their own food with the ‘Grow your Own’ initiative. All children will get involved in fun physical activities, including our Wake and Shake initiative, to promote a healthy lifestyle. We are all about improving the development at an early age with our Busy Babies initiative by introducing special areas for enhancing their senses.
Here at Busy Bees we also have good relationships with the local community, we like to get involved with what is happening locally, improving our relationships with parents, carers and local schools.
We hold stay and play sessions every Tuesday 10 – 11am, where you can experience what we do at nursery, you can also be shown around the nursery to see what we can offer.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2013 - Click here to view our report
- 5 star rating from Environmental Health
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Grow your own for all those budding gardeners
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- French lessons for pre-school
- Kinder Musik to encourage your child's hidden musical talents
- High percentage of qualified, experienced staff
- Low turnover - the Manager/Deputy and Base Room Manager have all been at the nursery since the first year of opening in 2000
- Implementation of Early Years Foundation Stage - supported by internal EYFS team and local authority early years
- Nutritional balanced meals provided
- Good relationships with local Woodley community
- Situated in a quiet, yet central, location
- Fully inclusive fees which include nappies and wipes for children up to the age of 2 years
- GOOD Ofsted
I have been working in child care for over 20 years, my experiences range from being a nanny, managing a small crèche within a private college, to working in Day nurseries. I have been at Busy Bees in Reading Woodley since the nursery opened in April 2000, where I joined as a Deputy Manager and was promoted to Nursery Manager in 2003.
I have an Advanced Diploma in Child care and Education and have recently completed a Leadership Capability Programme through Busy Bees.
I enjoy all aspects of my role as a Nursery Manager and work with my long standing staff team to maintain excellent standards of care for all children in the nursery.
I believe that working in partnership with our parents is paramount in supporting their children’s learning and development and have seen many children through the nursery and have had the pleasure in watching them grow and develop into confident individuals before moving onto school.
I have been lucky enough to have my own son at Busy Bees in Woodley from the age of 6 months, he to benefited from the care the nursery provided, before his recent departure to school.