- Vickie Peers
- St David's Park
- 01244 537 787
- 8.00am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 11years
Why choose Busy Bees at St David's: -
Busy Bees at St David’s Park is a remarkable nursery, highly rated and esteemed within the area. It is a purpose built nursery, situated just off the A55 and only 5 miles outside Chester.
The nursery is situated in a lovely rural position, with lovely walks, a beautiful local duck pond just across the road and surrounded by wonderful garden features and play areas for children to explore and develop.
The long established team is a committed and dedicated team of individuals, proud of their nursery and tremendously proud of the care they offer to children.
We encourage the children to get involved with various activities within the nursery, we also have a range of specially designed initiatives created by Busy Bees including ‘Busy Babies’, ‘Cooking with Me’, ‘Wake and Shake’ and ‘Grow your Own’, these initiatives have been created to aid learning, development and growth.
We have an outstanding commitment to every child to ensure that they reach their potential, make friends and have a healthy and happy time in nursery. Our commitment to parents and working in partnership is second to none.
Our passion from this nursery comes with the knowledge that the nursery team offers the best, and most outstanding childcare we possibly can.
We also provide Out Of School Care and Holiday Club facilities for children up to 11 years old in our 'Hive' room.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- The nursery’s latest inspection brought about no recommendations from the CSSIW - Click here to see our report
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Cooking with Me for all those creative little chefs in the family
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Good range of extra-curricular activities including French, Welsh and Yoga
- Kinder Musik to encourage your child's hidden musical talent
- Full weaning provision with weaning menu’s supplied from experienced, qualified dieticians
- Newly developed exciting and challenging discovery garden
- St David’s is a purpose built nursery, with extensive, creatively designed, play areas available for all age groups, with an extremely high standard of decoration and equipment
- Trained and experienced staff
- The provision of gloves, aprons, and we use quality antibacterial cleaning materials within the nursery
- Bus drop off and collections from specific local schools
- Personalised planning to suit the needs of the child
- Superior catering facilities, with a cook and assistant cook in attendance. The kitchen achieved the highest award from environmental health, 5, which is the highest mark available
- We have a strong security system and procedure in place for entering the building and collection of children
- We use a text messaging service and email service to contact parents about special events and other information
- We have assigned key workers
- We hold open days, fetes and parent evenings
The Hive Holiday Club
We have large Out of School facilities providing Before and After School and Holiday care.
Our facillities include the following activities plus much much more.
- Spacious room
- Exciting Activities
- Spacious Outdoor Provision
- Internet Access
For an up to date listing of our Current Holiday Dates and activities please see our 'what's on' listing on this page.
The Hive Out of School Club
Schools Drop off and Pick list
Our Out of School club includes Dropping off and collecting your child from their school, we currently offer this service for the following schools.
- Ewloe Green
- Drury - Collect only
- Mountain Lane - Collect only
Hello, my name is Mrs. Vickie Peers. I have worked with children for many years and possess a wealth of childcare experience. First qualified in 1975, with my NNEB, I have worked in hospital nurseries in both Sheffield and Chester. The hospital work also covered working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds and with children suffering various forms of abuse.
I was a qualified Nursery Inspector and I also hold a teaching qualification for 16+ adults. This was obtained when I worked on the Wirral, gaining my teaching practice with students of childcare in the local colleges. I also hold a medical AMSPAR Diploma and other relavant certificates pertaining to my role as manager.I am also presently studying for my level 5 in Childcare, Education and Management.
I came to work with Busy Bees in October 2000, managing St David's Park Day Nursery; just a few months after Busy Bees bought the nursery.
I love the nursery, the children and the staff. It has been a pleasure to be a part of the ongoing development of this nursery.
I am one of ten First Aiders at Work, based at St David’s Park and I attend numerous courses and events with the intention of constantly updating my knowledge surrounding child and staff development.
I have a strong commitment to staff development and encourage staff to attend courses such as “Paediatric First Aid”, “Child Development” and various other external courses provided by colleges and the local council.
We have a Parents Partnership Group, which is a forum for parents to meet and tell us what they think. We also operate an open door policy, whereby parents, staff and new clients can come and visit at any time.
We have held the NDNA Quality Assurance Award for over three years and are proud to say the nursery won both the “Garden of the Year Award” for 2011 and the “Busy Bees Recycling Award” for 2011.
We are inspected annually in Wales by the CSSIW and have been extremely proud of our inspection record. We have worked hard to continuously receive high accolades from such governing bodies, including a level 5 in our Environmental Health Inspection in 2012. (This is the highest level one can attain). The staff are committed to carry on this tradition.
Well done to all staff at Busy Bees St David’s park Day Nursery. I am proud to be your manager.