- Gillian Hill & Natasha Wellham Clarke
- Simmonds View
- 0117 979 9977
- 07966 830403
- 7:30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3 months - 5 years
Why choose Busy Bees in Stoke Gifford: -
Our nursery is located in a quiet cul-de-sac, and only a 10 minute walk from Parkway Train Station. We have been refurbished earlier in the year, and now offer a nursery with a warm, welcoming, homely feel.
Busy Bees in Stoke Gifford is a single storey, purpose built nursery with a unique open plan layout. We have our own central area that can accommodate children’s parties and indoor activities as well as support open days and seasonal events. It also enables children with siblings in the nursery to see each other during the course of the day and for staff teams within individual age groups to support each other and be known to all of the children that attend the nursery.
The nursery rooms are split into age groups, babies, 1-2’s, 2-3’s and Pre-school. The rooms are situated along the central area allowing the children to free flow between environments so they can experience a wide variety of activities. All rooms also have direct access to the garden, with each age group having their own individual play area.
The staff team have varying qualifications from Level 2 to Level 6, with others undertaking the training to gain a childcare qualification. Busy Bees offer the staff team a training programme to support and continually develop their childcare practice, as well as the team having access to networks offered by the local authority. Some staff members take on additional responsibilities with Health and Safety, Behaviour management, SEN Co-ordinator and Training Mentor.
Staff members work within designated age groups so we can provide consistency for the children with a ‘keyworker’. The keyworker builds up a close relationship with individual children, ensuring their needs are met and children feel comfortable in their surroundings and support with the settling in process for new children starting the nursery.
We have our own nursery chefs that prepare all of the children’s meals, one of whom has been with us for 14 years. Menus are seasonal, run on a 4 week plan and have been created with the support of a dietician to ensure they are balanced. Chefs also support us with cooking activities for the children, and for those lucky enough to be with us on their birthday have their own homemade birthday cake made to celebrate and enjoy with their friends.
If you would like to find out more about the nursery then please call us to arrange a tour or pop in to one of our stay and play session that are held every Friday from 9.30-11am.
What Ofsted say about our Stoke Gifford nursery: -
- Children arrive happily at the nursery and warm reassurances from staff with clear explanations about the day’s special activities help them to settle well. The children are motivated by the stimulating range of activities and play opportunities in free-flow indoor and outdoor play
- The children benefit from the staff's enthusiasm and offers of close interaction and involvement in their play. The joint, key persons have a secure understanding about the children’s ages and stages. As a result, they support individuals to gain self-esteem; they carefully plan in and outdoor activities based on close observations of children’s play and their expressed interests.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2010 - Click here to see our report
- NEW! Secure Key Fob Access
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me for all those little chefs in the family
- Steps to Independence, building confidence and your child's individuality
- Kinder Musik to encourage your child's hidden musical talents
- Stretch and Grow dance and fitness sessions
- Welcoming environment - fully air conditioned
- 3 large gardens, climbing frame with astro-safety surface and bike track
- Dedicated, committed long standing Management Team
- All meals prepared freshly on site by team of 2 cooks - our kitchen proudly boasts the 5 Star Hygiene Award from Environmental Health
- Pre-school is led by an Early Years Professional - qualified specifically to lead the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Close proximity to Parkway Station and the M5 / M4
The nursery is managed by both Natasha Welham-Clarke and Gillian Hill.
In June 2000 Natasha joined the nursery as a newly qualified Nursery Nurse, and then became Nursery Manager in 2011. Natasha currently holds a NNEB Certificate in childcare, First aid at work qualification and basic food hygiene.
"I am very committed to the Nursery and love nothing more than to see children having fun and meeting the mile stones along the way."
Gillian recently returned to childcare after taking a career break to spend time with her own young family:
Gillian previously worked in Stoke Gifford several years ago with Natasha as Early Years Practioners, before making the move to one of the Busy Bees nurseries in Swindon to take the post as Deputy Manager.
Gillian holsd a Btec National Diploma in Nursery Nursing, along with a D32 qualification used to support and assess new learners, and is currently undertaking a Leadership and management level 3 qualification along with 12 years childcare experience.
"I am excited to be back and looking forward to managing the nursery alongside Natasha as we have successfully worked together before and have similar outlooks on childcare practice"