- Emma Watt
- Unit 1-2 Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
- 01707 393380
- 07966 830427
- 7.30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 5years
Why choose Busy Bees in Welwyn Garden City: -
Busy Bees day nursery at Welwyn Garden City is a purpose built, single storey building ideally situated on Shire Park Business Park in the heart of Welwyn Garden City. It is close to local shops, and the town centre is within 15 minutes’ walk away. The nursery is easily accessible from the train station and A1M motorway.
It provides OUTSTANDING childcare as reported by Ofsted 2009. We have a very strong staff team here at Welwyn Garden City who are extremely passionate about what they do; many of the staff have been here since the nursery opened in 1994! We have 80% of our staff at qualified level along with a member of staff with BA honours. We encourage all of our staff to attend further training to develop their skills; we have a very dedicated training team that provide a varied training package for all staff.
Our nursery chef and kitchen assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for the children. All food is cooked fresh daily and is locally sourced. The nursery menus are varied and we are able to cater for any dietary requirement. We are very proud to have received the Bronze award with the Soil Association and also 5 stars on our Environmental Health Inspection.
As a team we are very passionate about the environment and recycle, so much so that we offer Bio-degradable nappies and wipes, we have recycling bins throughout the nursery and encourage the children to recycle, we collect rain water to water our plants and we are currently growing our very own vegetables. We also have the opportunity for parents to recycle their batteries and ink cartridges also.
The staff team are passionate about the range of indoor and outdoor activities they provide to encourage and promote the developmental stages and interests of each individual child. We promote equal opportunities within nursery, we encourage the children to make choices, plan and evaluate their activities to enable them to promote social, creative, language and communication skills. It is lovely to see a child grow and their interest change just simply by allowing children to make choice and follow their own passions. The children take part in a wide range of Busy Bees initiatives which include Wake & Shake, Busy Babies, Imagination Station, Cooking with me and the Golden Mile. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery.
We have built up wonderful relationships with the local community and are part of the Children Centre and other local agencies including Health Visitor and the Early Years team at Hertfordshire County Council. To help us make necessary changes and improvements we provide a Parent Partnership Group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and listen to their views. We currently have 7 members of the Partnership group who meet quarterly to discuss up and coming events. They are also available for support to new perspective parents.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2009 - click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Emotional Transitions initiative
- Cooking with Me for all those little chefs in the family
- Busy Babies to enhance your babies senses
- Growing Project for all those budding gardeners
- Our Imagination Station coming soon for all those little explorers
- CCTV for viewing only and secure access system for your peace of mind
- The play areas are bright, spacious and welcoming
- Large, fully enclosed individual gardens and outdoor play for each age group
- Organic milk and Biodegradable eco friendly nappies inclusive for all ages
- An innovative Sensory Room to help calm and encourage children’s senses
- A 'Green' approach - the nursery recycles all materials including waste paper, cardboard, plastic, metal and mobile phones. The building also uses energy efficient lights
- NMT finalist - 2010 Green Nursery and Nursery World pre-school of the year finalist
- Tiny Mites music club for 0-2yrs, Dinky dancers for 2-3 yrs and French lessons and disco duck session for 3-5yrs
- Healthy menu and weaning menus all freshly prepared and cooked by our in house chef
- Five star food hygiene rating received January 2013
- Friendly well established qualified staff team
- Monthly visits from health visitor and hairdresser
- Located conveniently close to the town centre and train station with good links to main roads
- 100% Green RAG rating in the Hertfordshire County Council Quality Matters Monitoring scheme
- Childcare vouchers accepted
- Disabled access throughout nursery
- Opening hours 7.30am – 6.00pm Monday – Friday (52 weeks of the year)
Hello I'm Emma Watt,
I have been qualified in the childcare provision for over 14 years. I have worked within the busy Bees Group since 2005.
My Qualifications include NNEB (diploma in childcare), Early Years Foundation Degree and I am currently working towards an NVQ in Management. I have level 2 in food safety, BSC level 1 Health and Safety. I have been approved as a suitable person by Ofsted and I have First Aid at Work and paediatric first aid. I am the safeguarding designated person for the setting and have attended training for SENCO and Behaviour Management to enable me to support the children of the nursery.
I have attend many courses to ensure my knowledge is kept up to date with the childcare industry.
I am a mother to 2 amazing children who have both enjoyed attending the nursery. I am very dedicated to the nursery and take pride in being part of the growth and development of the children within our care.
I operate and open door policy to the office and I am always available to speak to you about the nursery. I really enjoy having a good relationship with our children and their families.