Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees in Chelmsford provides OUTSTANDING childcare as reported by Ofsted 2014.
Our beautifully refurbished nursery has been designed with children in mind; from the single storey construction and separate self-contained base rooms, through to the large, spacious and fully enclosed garden. Every safety aspect has been considered. Our nursery is located in the heart of the community in Central Chelmsford towards the back of Central Park, in a quiet residential area. We are approximately 5 minutes from the town centre and approximately 10 minutes from the train station.
We received a third consecutive ‘Outstanding’ rating following our latest Ofsted inspection in March 2014. Less than 10% of early year’s settings in the UK hold this rating, and we are proud to have received this result for a third successive time. We are extremely passionate about what we do. We are a graduate led setting with the Senior Manager being an Early Years Teacher and the Childcare Manager holds a BA Hons in Early Years. Our dedicated team of staff hold qualifications ranging from Level 2 in Childcare up to Level 6. We take full advantage of the training courses provided through Busy Bees and access support provided through our individual teams at Head Office.
We ensure that your children have an enjoyable time while at nursery and that their needs and interests are met through exciting activities and play opportunities. The children take part in a range of unique Busy Bees learning enhancement which include Shake and Write, Wake and Shake, Talk Time Baskets, Nurturing Maths, Babble to Chatter and for our over 3’s, Outdoor Detectives.
All of our nutritious meals are freshly prepared on site using many locally sourced ingredients. We have a fully qualified chef who is skilled in preparing carefully balanced meals which also take account of any dietary requirements your child may have. We are proud to hold the Food For Life Silver Award from the Soil association which demonstrates our commitment to ethical and environmentally friendly food, locally sourced ingredients and steps to offer healthier menus.
We have excellent links within the community including children’s centres, primary schools, health visitors, colleges and the Early Years Team at Essex County Council. We provide a Parent Partnership Group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents listening to their views and making any necessary changes/improvements.
We are always moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things to ensure we continue to provide excellent childcare. We would love for you to visit our nursery and experience our wonderful setting, meet the team and learn more about everything we have to offer you and your child. We hope to welcome you soon!
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2014 - click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Babble to Chatter a learning enhancement, designed to increase language and communication outcomes for the under-fives
- Shake and Write fun foundations for Early Writing Skills
- Nurturing Maths Nurturing problem solving to mathematics
- Talk Time Baskets Children can immerse themselves in the well loved traditional stories. A wonderful communication and stimulating imagination resource
- Outdoor Detectives for the over 3’s. We need to educate our children in pre-school about the dangers of eating things in the garden and support them in looking for and identifying potential hazards in their outdoor environments
- Bright, spacious and welcoming rooms for children. To ensure your child's comfort, all rooms have air conditioning and under floor heating so that we can maintain an appropriate temperature all year round
- Secure access systems - for your peace of mind
- Large, fully enclosed individual gardens and outdoor play for each age group
- Nappies and wipes are inclusive for all under 2's
- Healthy menu and weaning menus all freshly prepared and cooked by our in-house chef
- Situated in a quiet residential area, Located conveniently close to the town centre and train station with good links to main roads.
- Parent Partnership Group, giving parents that all important voice in the nursery and clear lines of communication.
- We will be offering eligible parents the opportunity to access the 30 hours of enhanced funding from September 2017 (Limited spaces available)
- We accept all childcare vouchers
- 5* EHO rating
- Complimentary settling sessions
- Graduate led provision offering the highest standards of care and education
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone