- Shirley Miller
- The Hillingdon Hospital
Pield Heath Road
- 01895 200156
- 7am - 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3 months - 5 years
Why choose Busy Bees at Hillingdon : -
Busy Bees at Hillingdon Hospital is a purpose built nursery for 114 children. We were originally built in 2004 but recently had a refurbishment allowing us to expand our rooms and intake slightly. It is located in the grounds of Hillingdon Hospital with special rates for Hillingdon Hospital Trust employees. We are within close distance to the local town of Uxbridge. We are situated near several bus routes and also situated closely for links to the M40, M4 and M25.
Our most recent Ofsted was carried out in June 2011 where we received an overall outcome of Good with 3 Outstanding elements.
The team here at Hillingdon are a large standing staff team many of whom started off as nursery nurse’s and have worked their way up through the nursery.
We have four rooms in the nursery Buttercup 3months-14months, Bluebell 15months-2 years, Snowdrop 2-3 years and Pre-School 3-5years. All rooms have an inviting atmosphere with a wide variety of toys and equipment age appropriate to encourage learning and development through their day to day discovery and play. All rooms also have their own individual enclosed gardens.
The children here have a variety of extra-curricular activities available to them as well as in house initiatives that they are able to enjoy on a regular basis. Our Buttercup room has a lovely black and white area to stimulate young babies and lilac sleep areas to soothe and calm the children. All the rooms, twice daily, thoroughly enjoy Wake and Shake by dancing and exercising with their peers and staff team enabling participating in keeping in with a healthy lifestyle. This links in to the 4 weekly seasonal menus that are cooked for the children and also the Grow Your Own initiative to grown their own fruits and vegetables. Our extra-curricular activities are available for our Snowdrop and Pre-School rooms, if you would like your child to take part you can sign up for these, please see the office for costings.
All outside companies used have full insurance as well as staff who are fully CRB checked and will also have our own staff accompanying them during these activities.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Kinder Musik to encourage your child's musical talents
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your baby's senses
- Click IT computer lessons – 2-5years
- Freedom of dance baby ballet lessons – 2-5 years
- Tiny Ballers football training - 2-5years
- Age appropriate rooms
- Home cooked food made by our fully qualified and experienced chef
- 4 weekly seasonal menus
- Secure front door with added internal security door
- Separate outdoor areas - age appropriate, with free flow every day
- Parent liaison group
- High Percentage of Qualified staff whom also benefit from many training opportunities
- Low staff turnover
- Good links to London via M4, M40 and M25
I'm Shirley the nursery manager of Busy Bees at Hillingdon Hospital. I started my career in childcare in 1998 as a nursery assistant and after studying for my childcare qualification I have worked my way up to nursery manager. I have a very fulfilling role within the Nursery as I love working with children and enjoy watching them develop into confident children that are ready to go to school. I have always prided myself on running a very clean and tidy nursery that is welcoming and the children enjoy attending. I am a mother of two grown up children and I have three lovely grandchildren whom I'm very proud of.