At our nurseries we combine care with education by following the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), which means that our nursery staff carry out regular observations of every child, ensuring that their learning and development incorporates their interests and needs.
Observation is the formal term for one of the most important aspects of day-to-day professional practice when working with children. Observation allows the Key Person to log the activities of a child or group of children, much of it will be informal and will cover all areas of the EYFS, as well as recording special moments, like your child’s first steps, kindness towards others or even eating something for the first time. All of your child's experiences at nursery are recorded via ParentZone in their unique Learning Journal, enabling you to look over your child’s time at nursery for years to come.
The evidence collected from these observations is analysed regularly to make assessments of the children’s learning and development. Under the EYFS all practitioners working with children are required to use formative assessments and observations to support the children’s individual planning.
What is ParentZone?
ParentZone is a system that allows you to view your child’s Learning Journal online**. It is a smart phone app designed to bring you as a parent, closer to your child’s development in nursery.
How can I access the ParentZone system?
You will be provided with a unique user name and password to your child’s online portfolio, so you can view at any time what your child is achieving during their time in nursery. An email will be sent to your supplied email address which will allow you to register and create a password.
You can download apps for ParentZone on android and iOS devices using the icons above or just search the Apple App store or Google Play Store using the term ‘ParentZone’
How safe are my details?
The system is secure and the information contained within this system will only be accessed by you and our nursery team – under no circumstances will the information, observations or photos be shared with anyone else.
Connection to iConnect and ParentZone is protected by industry standard SSL/TLS Certificates which ensure nobody can eavesdrop on your connection. You can rest assured; your data is super safe.
What are the benefits of ParentZone?
There are many benefits to using ParentZone to view your child’s Learning Journal online....
- You can easily see your child’s daily activities like meals, sleep times and nappy changes
- You will be able to see a timeline of your child’s day at nursery, with photos, videos and notes on your child’s daily activities that are logged by your child’s Key Person during their time in nursery
- You can access the system from home or work, at any time you choose, as you will have a unique user name and password
- You will be able to add observations from home, which our staff teams can utilise in nursery
- You can be involved in your child’s assessments, and by adding comments and other important information that you would like nursery to be aware of you can enhance communication between home and nursery to benefit your child’s development
For more information, please speak to your child’s Key Person or Nursery Manager