Download our new guide: Supporting Children's Wellbeing in the Wake of a Pandemic
We have conducted research of 1,000 mums and dads of young children to see how the pandemic has impacted their child’s social development.
- 86 per cent of parents are concerned the lack of social interaction over the last 12 months will have a negative effect on their child’s wellbeing
- One in five children were nervous about seeing friends again, and 16 per cent were more reluctant to join in with playtimes
- Nine in ten parents have always believed it is important for children to socialise with others from a very early age, to help develop and nurture these skills
For parents concerned about how their child's development and wellbeing may have been affected by the pandemic, we have created a free online guide.
The guide aims to offer parents advice and support on:
- Understanding attachment and separation anxiety
- Supporting your child with separation anxiety
- Understanding your child’s behaviour
- Developing your child’s wellbeing and emotional literacy
- Advice for starting nursery
- Calming activities to try at home
We understand that choosing a nursery is one of the first important milestones in your child’s life and we are here to support you on this exciting journey.
Here at Busy Bees we are always eager to provide a happy, smooth and memorable transition into nursery for every child when they start with us, that’s why we offer all new starters a bespoke settling in package tailored to each individual child and family, completely free of charge. Your child's key person will work together in partnership with you so that your journey with Busy Bees is positive from the very beginning.
During your settling in sessions, we aim to understand everything about your child such as their current routine, how they like to be comforted, if they have a special comforter, a favourite story or activity they enjoy. Throughout your child’s time at nursery, their key person will always take into account their needs and interests and provide activities that promote learning through play. Every nursery has access to UP which is an innovative, exciting, flexible early years learning programme and unique to Busy Bees, as a Busy Bees parent you also have exclusive access to this app – watch our video below.
To set up your account, simply use the email address you have registered at your child's centre. If you have any difficulty accessing UP, please get in touch at UP@busybees.com