Welcome to our nursery…
Our beautiful Nursery was built in 1996 and provides ‘Outstanding’ care in all areas as recognised by our governing body, Ofsted. We are regularly audited throughout the year to ensure we achieve consistently high standards in a wide array of areas including, care and education, hygiene, health and safety and also supporting children with Additional Needs.
We are a small, friendly Nursery providing a superior level of uncompromised care for up to 46 children per day. Our warm and welcoming setting ensures we offer a variety of stimulating activities in a relaxed and individual environment.
Our staff are longstanding, friendly and very approachable and are committed to providing the very best level of care to each individual child and their families. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and this ensures we meet and support each child’s individual needs and developmental stages. Our team regularly attend a range of courses and access the training programmes operated by Busy Bees and our Local Authority. We have some members of staff who are engaged in NVQ and Foundation Degree courses to further their knowledge and development within their careers at Busy Bees.
We have a full time Chef called Sandra who is highly qualified and has extensive nutritional knowledge in early years. Sandra has brought enthusiasm and excitement to our Nursery with her culinary skills and the children adore spending time with her on ‘Big Cook, Little Cook’ days or helping her to plant new seeds and tend to the plants in their ‘Grow Your Own’ area in the Garden. Sandra is passionate about providing high quality meals for the children and is on hand to work with parents to discuss weaning and individual dietary requirements. Our menus are well researched and sourced and we are proud to be recognised by the Soil Association for our dedication in this area. Environmental Health have awarded us 5 stars in our recent inspection and we are passionate about retaining this accreditation in the future.
We have very strong connections with our local schools and meet regularly with the Head Teachers and key staff members in the schools to discuss ideas to ensure the children within our Pre-School Academy receive a transition to school as seamlessly as possible. We also attend Networking Meetings at Barleyfields our local Children’s Centre and they also offer training opportunities and information events for us to access.
At Mardley Hill we have a Parent Partnership Group which consists of a panel of parents who are dedicated in supporting our Nursery and are involved in the many events and activities we host throughout the year. The Group meet on a quarterly basis and are a fantastic resource in helping new parents to settle into Nursery life. They are available to email and their details are located at the top of this page in the ‘Meet the Parents’ section.
We are pleased to offer our ‘Busy Babies’ area for the under 2’s which uses shades of black and white to stimulate the babies which is complimented by a relaxing and calming lilac area. We also offer ‘Wake and Shake’ sessions and this is provides a fantastic opportunity for the children to awaken their senses and become invigorated for the day ahead! The children also benefit from the use of ICT by accessing our computers, walky talkies and cameras. There are so many more wonderful initiatives which benefit each and every child and supports their development during their time with us, we are very proud of our setting and the care we provide.
The children within our Nursery really thrive with us….we would love you to visit us and see our beautiful environment for yourself!
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- DOUBLE OUTSTANDING Ofsted Inspections in 2009 and 2014 - click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- We are a ‘Centre of Excellence’ within Busy Bees; a highly sought after accolade within our company which is derived from a range of results within a strict criteria.
- A truly dedicated, longstanding and experienced staff team who are passionate in providing and maintaining an incredibly ‘Outstanding’ level of care and education for each and every child within our Nursery.
- Our beautiful Nursery provides a ‘home from home’ safe environment for children to develop and thrive within. With well planned and learning environments tailored to the needs of the children, your child is certain to reach their full potential within our care.
- Wake and Shake Singing and dancing to give the children a healthy start to their day.
- Grow Your Own - Budding gardeners have the opportunity to plant and care for the flowers and vegetables they have grown. We have a beautiful area dedicated to Gardening which the children enjoy visiting each day.
- Busy Babies - A stimulating black and white area complimented by a soothing and relaxing lilac area….the perfect environment for inquisitive little minds.
- Babble to Chatter – A wonderful enhancement which is evidenced throughout the whole nursery. This opportunity was derived from our childcare team and links theory to practice which in turn, enhances the childrens development with practical ideas and activities.
- Shake and Write – Preparing children with early writing skills, this enhancement is second to none….please feel free to book in your visit and see this for yourselves.
- Nurturing Problem Solving to Mathematics – An innovative enhancement to nursery life which ensures high quality mathematical teaching for the children.
- Future Sports – A truly fantastic experience for all Pre-School children as they engage in a range of sporting opportunities, such as, dodge ball, tennis, athletics, cricket and football.
- Pre-School Academy – Ensuring your child has a seamless transition when they leave us for big school.
- Visits from Kerry our Hairdresser every six weeks – this is an optional extra and we provide parents with information about her next visit as this approaches.
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared on site by our qualified and experienced full time Chef inline with health professional requirements.
- Silver Soil Association Award – Recognising high quality, fresh produce used within our Nursery and celebrating this. We pride ourselves on the positive learning opportunities surrounding the children and place particular emphasis upon the promotion of healthy eating. To support this we encourage the children to make active choices at meal times and grow their own vegetables in our nursery garden, an activity which is hugely popular!
- Large outdoor area which includes beautiful purpose built gardens for each age group of children. We have a construction site for the children to build their own structures and models and also a wide range of bikes, scooters and lots of learning opportunities to meet with the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements.
- An outside classroom is accessible to all age groups and this provides them with the opportunity to be creative with art and craft media whilst staying dry under a canopy in the rainy weather.
- We are very fortunate to have the amazing ‘Poddely’ construction and exploration activity which enables the children to design, construct and experiment with the many different pieces of equipment contained within this fantastic resource.
- Click here to take a tour of our beautiful garden….or please pop in to see us, we would love to show you around and talk about the wishes you have for your child whilst they are within our care.