An early Christmas present from Busy Bees...
Book and start a nursery place before 31st December 2013, and receive 25% off one month’s fees and free registration.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Look What We've Been Doing
- Happy 30th Birthday Busy Bees - 19 NOVEMBER 2013
- Halloween Celbrations - 31 OCTOBER 2013
- Super fun with super hero's play - 15 OCTOBER 2013
- RELAUNCHED outdoor space - 30 SEPTEMBER 2013
- NSPCC Summer Fun Day and Garden Relaunch - 7 SEPTEMBER 2013
- Teddy Bears Picnic - 17 AUGUST 2013
- Pre-School Graduation - 9 AUGUST 2013
- Celebrating the Royal Birth!! - 24 JULY 2013
- Garden Refurbishment - June 2013 - 11 JUNE 2013
- Pre-School Academy Launch - 23 APRIL 2013
- Snow Creations where made at Busy Bees! - 6 FEBRUARY 2013
- Christmas Bazaar - 1 DECEMBER 2012
- Grow Your Own - 20 JULY 2012
- Golden Mile certificates! - 13 APRIL 2012
- Easter Bonnet Parade - 5 APRIL 2012
- Golden Mile News - 16 MARCH 2012
- Snow Fun! - 9 FEBRUARY 2012
- Chinese New Year - 23 JANUARY 2012
- Christmas Bazaar - 19 NOVEMBER 2011
- Halloween Fancy Dressing up Day - 31 OCTOBER 2011
- Cooking with Me launch - 13 OCTOBER 2011
- Health Visitor - 14 SEPTEMBER 2011
- Graduation Day - 24 AUGUST 2011
- Launch of Steps to Independence! - 27 JUNE 2011
- PC visits the nursery - 20 MAY 2011
- Sport Activities - 1 MARCH 2011
- Our new blog - week 1 - 1 OCTOBER 2010
- Help for Heroes Week - 12 JUNE 2010
- Pirate and Princess Day - 14 MAY 2010
- Grow Your Own Project - 5 MAY 2010
- Chicks hatch at Hatching Green - 1 FEBRUARY 2010
- Fun in the sun at Rothamsted - 2 JUNE 2009
- St.Georges Day fun at Rothamsted - 23 APRIL 2009
- Our Notting Hill Carnival - 2 SEPTEMBER 2008
Why You Will Love Our Nursery: -
Busy Bees at Rothamsted Lodge is a beautiful nursery set in the rural area of Harpenden, with easy access to the M1 and walking distance from Harpenden train station. There is plenty of off-road parking and the nursery caters for 70 children per day in a home away from home setting.
The nursery has a total of five children’s base rooms catering for children from 3mths – 5years. The bottom floor consists of two children’s rooms which range in age from 3mths – 2years. While the first floor consists of three children’s rooms which range in age from 2 – 5years.
We have three main secure garden areas which consist of sand and water play, sensory walls, chalk boards, soft play, slides, climbing frames and many more. The garden areas are broken down in to three age groups. The baby room (3 – 15mths) have a free-flow system from their room to their own secure garden area, the tot’s room (16mths – 2years) also have a free-flow system from their room to a secure garden area which they share with the toddler room (24 – 30mths). Both Small (2&half – 3years) and Big Pre-School (3 – 5years) share the biggest garden area. We also have an outside school room which is easily accessible to the Pre-School children throughout the year.
We have an exceptional staff team who are truly committed to providing the best quality of care for every child in the nursery. Staff regularly attend training through Busy Bees to further their knowledge of working in a nursery setting. There is also plenty of opportunity for staff to engage in NVQ training to enable them to further their development and careers.
Julia our Head Chef has worked at the nursery for over eight years. Julia is dedicated to providing a healthy, safe, nutritious and interesting menu for all the children. She is fully trained on catering for children with special dietary requirements.
The nursery also has a parent partnership group which meets quarterly. This group consists of representatives from each of the children’s rooms. These parents are a little more involved in diary dates throughout the year and supporting the nursery through fundraising events.
We also have a few initiatives we are implementing in the nursery. These are listed below in our facilities.
Experience The Difference
- Good Ofsted 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Steps to Independence - lots of fun activities for the children, encouraging their independence
- Kinder Musik to encourage your child's hidden musical talent
- Cooking with Me for all those creative little chefs in the family
- 2 Touch screen computers - come on all you IT users show us how its done
- French lessons with Little Linguists
- Nappies and wipes included within the daily rate
- A parent representative group which meets three times a year
- A large, secure and spacious outdoor area with a separate baby garden
- Professional, friendly and committed staff team
- Outside classroom to enable children to access garden at all times of the day