- Janet Henry
- Blythe Gate
Blythe Valley Business Park
- 0121 745 7862
- 7.30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 5years
Why choose Busy Bees in Solihull: -
Busy Bees Day nursery at Blythe Valley is a purpose built nursery nestled in the heart of 257 acres of beautiful parkland which is Blythe Valley.
We have a well established team at Solihull with some of the team having been here since we opened in 2001. On site we have 90% of our staff team who are qualified to NVQ level 3 or above, and we offer training for new staff to work towards level 2 and 3 through our apprentice programme.
Existing staff are able to access both Busy Bees and the local early years training which enables them to keep updating their knowledge and skills on current childcare issues and changes to policy.
Within the nursery the children are able to enjoy a variety of activities that builds around their interests, both indoor and outdoor with a large garden with wildlife, bird boxes and planting areas for the children to grow their own vegetables, herbs and fruit.
The children take part in Busy Bees initiatives including Busy Babies for the younger ones, Wake and Shake for over 2s and block play for all age groups. Pre-school have Poddley, which is a construction set for the children to use outdoors for child initiated play. The children also have an interactive smart board to teach and improve their ICT skills.
Jo our chef and Michael the assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for all the children, they cater for different dietary needs and the nursery has a 5 star rating from the local authority for excellent standards of food hygiene practices and procedures. Jo has also her Early Years Nutrition qualification from City & Guilds, and the nursery holds the Centre of Excellence award for catering within the Busy Bees Company.
The nursery has direct access to the major motorways to Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull, and just 2 minutes to the M40 to London. There is also a direct bus service from the park to Birmingham International. A key area of Blythe Valley is the countryside park which contains a rich mosaic of habitats around a nature trail, with reed beds to attract dragonflies and water birds to wildflower areas. We have bird and bat boxes attached to the trees around the nursery garden.
Come along to our free Stay & Play sessions throughout July and August and experience what it's like to come to a Busy Bees Nursery, Please call to let us know you are coming.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Bees Centre of Excellence for Catering Standards
- Large garden with wildlife and growing areas for the children
- Home cooked meals for all children including weaning stages, with a 5* rating from the local authority
- Secure access system throughout for your peace of mind
- A newly refurbished nursery, with large, fully equipped rooms to enable the children to explore and experience different learning areas
- Each room has its own Base Room Manager who plans and co-ordinates the children’s activities throughout the day.
- Well established long serving staff team, who are committed to the nursery
- Interactive whiteboards to enable the children to be involved in IT
- Safe secure surroundings in a conservation area
- Close to major motorway junction with easy access to Birmingham, Solihull and Coventry
Hi...I'm Janet and I am the Manager here at Busy Bees in Solihull.
I started working in childcare in 1980 and have worked in a variety of childcare roles and settings, from children’s nanny to becoming a nursery assistant, gaining experience and qualifications to work my way to management levels in 1990.
In 2000 I was employed as part of the team to open the nursery so I have been involved in its growth from the bricks and mortar to opening the doors to our fantastic purpose built building in March 2001. I couldn’t imagine working and caring for the children anywhere else.
I have a BTEC childcare qualification also an advanced Diploma in Early Years Management. I have recently completed the first year of the Leadership Capability Programme in partnership with Busy Bees and Coventry University. I am the nursery’s SENCO and Safeguarding Co-ordinator.
I am passionate about my job and the childcare that we provide, everyday brings a different reward. I am proud of the staff team who work with me and who strive to provide the best for the children in our care.