- Joanne Chapman
- Dolphin House
London, SW18 1DE
- 0208 877 1135
- Open 7.30am - 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3 months - 5 years
Why choose Busy Bees at Wandsworth: -
Busy Bees at Wandsworth is a purpose built nursery. We are ideally located within walking distance to Wandsworth Town train station linking straight into London. We are very lucky to be situated right on the “Thames path”, a new riverside complex and we are within walking distance to Wandsworth town centre and all its amenities.
Our nursery has sunny and bright rooms along with cosy secluded areas. Each room has the flexibility to offer the right environment for each child depending on their age and stage of development.
We prepare the children for their next adventure to “big school” in a sociable and independent way. The Preschool room has an interactive white board that the children love to explore. With direct access into the garden the children enjoy freedom and choice.
Our weekly incentives include Busy Bees Wake and Shake which gets the children active and promotes physical development. Children take part in regular Cooking with Me sessions led by our Chef Donna. We have regular visits from Libby our Health visitor who offers support and guidance to our children, parents and staff.
Our parent partnership group meets every quarter. Parents are able to be involved in fundraising for our charity or provide support to new parents. We are always welcoming new parents to join.
What Ofsted say about our nursery: -
- "Children make good progress in their learning, given their starting capabilities and individual needs"
- "The garden is a stimulating play area for all children enabling them to get plenty of fresh air and physical challenge and exercise"
- "A good key person system enables each child to feel safe, included and valued as a unique individual"
- "Children enjoy nutritious and varied meals which are freshly prepared on site. Children learn about keeping healthy through plenty of physical exercise, as well as practising good hygiene"
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2012 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me for all those creative chefs in the family
- Busy Babies our black, white and red area for our babies
- Interactive smart board in our Preschool room where the children can extend their knowledge
- Garden area directly from rooms allowing free flow access
- Hairdressing service
- Health visitor
- Nappies and wipes are included
- Developing links with local school for smooth transitions into reception class
- 4 week menu containing a balanced healthy diet from our long standing chef
Hello my name is Joanne Chapman and I have recently joined Busy Bees and the team here at Wandsworth. I am managing the nursery while Claire Budd is on maternity leave.
I have over 18 years of childcare experience. I started out as a nursery apprentice and worked my way up to management. I have over 9 years of experience in nursery management and wide range of qualifications and training, including NVQ Level 3 Childcare & Education and Leadership for Leaders in the Early Years and I am currently hoping to complete my BA (Hons) Early Years by July 2014.
I am passionate about children’s early years and their learning journeys. I always feel privileged to be able to share their development and experiences and I love the excitement of being part of a busy happy nursery.
I am constantly striving to ensure the children in my nursery are thriving in a safe, secure and stimulating environment.