- Michelle Lovell
- Bramcote Lane
- 0115 928 0508
- 7.00am - 7.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Ages Taken
- 3months - 5years
Why choose Busy Bees in Wollaton, Nottingham: -
Busy Bees in Wollaton is a single storey, purpose built nursery. The nursery has a secure access entry system to ensure peace of mind for parents.
The nursery is located within a quiet residential areas, close to the main routes in to the city centre. Easily accessible from bus routes and close to the QMC.
We also provide out of school care for children up to the age of 8 including before and after school drop off and collection from one of the local schools.
The manager has a BA (HONS) Degree in Early Childhood Studies. We encourage all of our staff team to enhance their knowledge, develop their skills and professional development by ensuring we are dedicated and committed to providing learning and training opportunities for them. For 2012 we were delighted to receive the Busy Bees commitment to training award. We are also delighted to have received the team of the year award for Busy Bees 2012
We are proud to be one of Busy Bees Centre of Excellences and the staff understand the importance of creating a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment both indoors and outdoors where we give the children the opportunity to free flow.
We are lucky enough to have a variety of initiatives that have been implemented within the nursery including Busy Babies, Cooking with Me, Steps to Independence, Wake and Shake, Block Play and Imagination Station.
We currently have 5 stars which was gained in our Environmental Health Inspection. Both the Chef and Assistant Chef are dedicated in preparing nutritionally balanced and healthy meals for the children which allows them to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures and flavours. We also cater for children with food allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences.
We have a good relationship with the children and their parents and we provide daily feedback, progress reports, learning journeys and regular parents evenings. We provide a parent partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and allows for on-going improvements and developments within the nursery.
Facilities at the nursery include: -
- Good Ofsted 2010 - Click here to see our report
- Top marks in our Environmental Health inspection in December 2012
- Flat/touch screen and table computers in our Pre-school room
- Centre of excellence for Busy Bees
- Busy Babies – Relaxing and stimulating babies minds through their senses.
- Steps to Independence – Designed to build confidence and a sense of individuality.
- Our Imagination Station – Using role-play to develop children’s imagination and communication skills.
- Wake and Shake – ‘Energetic children for a fitter future’
- Block Play – Helps develop a child’s confidence and independent thinking
- Cooking with Me for all those creative chefs in the family
- Gardening club for those budding diggers and planters
- Extra activities including Jo Jingles music session
- Newly refurbished building - come along and see our fantastic new environment
- Key fob entry system and CCTV for viewing only throughout the nursery
- Bright, welcoming, fully equipped play areas for each age group
- A wide range of diversity and equality from staff, equipment and attitudes
- Large garden areas with Sensory Garden and separate areas for all ages within the nursery
- Central location to local facilities for regular trips and outings; local library and Wollaton Hall and Park
- Additional early and late opening available
- Great links with local library to encourage the children's interest in books
Hello, I'm Michelle and I am the Manager here at Busy Bees in Nottingham Wollaton. I have worked for the company since 1999, holding various positions including Nursery Manager at both Derby Oakwood Nursery and Rotherham Nursery before becoming the Nursery Manager at Nottingham Wollaton in July 2010. I am also the safeguarding officer for the nursery.
I currently hold a Foundation Degree in Children and Young People's Services and a BA Honours Degree in Early Years.
My own daughter attends the nursery and it has been a pleasure to see her form close relationships with the staff, especially her key person.
I thoroughly enjoy my role especially seeing the children develop into unique characters as they progress through the nursery.