Busy Bees day nursery at Clifton is a small, purpose built, single story nursery on the site of Milford Primary School, on Clifton Estate. The nursery is easily accessible from both Nottingham and the M1, and is on the main bus route from Nottingham City and Nottingham train station.
Our staff are highly qualified, The Manager holds a level 4 childcare qualification. All the other staff are level 3 qualified in childcare with our Apprentice working towards her level 2 qualification. We encourage all staff to develop their skills and the senior team are dedicated to providing both learning and training opportunities both through the dedicated training team of Busy Bees and also external agencies.
The children are encouraged to participate in a number of enjoyable, stimulating and interesting activities, which include Busy Babies, Block Play (for 1 to 2 year olds) and Wake and Shake (for the 2 to 5 year olds) which allows the children the daily opportunity to get active to music. We also advocate free flow, which allows the children to play both indoor and outdoors on a daily basis. The outdoor area is both stimulating and fun, with sand, water, out door class rooms and gardening areas.
The children are provided with a comprehensive menu, which is cooked fresh each day by the nursery chef. All of the produce is supplied by assured suppliers and is therefore traceable, allowing us to provide fresh healthy food. The children are also encouraged to ‘grow their own’ vegetables and fruits which are then harvested and eaten. Children also enjoy baking on a regular basis with the staff and the chef. The nursery recently had an Environmental Health Inspection, where we scored the highest possible rating.
The nursery has fantastic relationships with the local Sure Start Centre and other agencies, including childminders, local play groups and the schools. We provide a Parent Partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and allows for ongoing improvements and developments within the nursery.
- Outstanding Ofsted 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Emotional Transitions initiative in place for pre-school
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses, with a newly equipped sensory room
- Block Play initiative for all those budding builders
- Cooking with Me initiative coming soon for all those little chefs in the family
- Awarded the NDNA equality counts award level 2
- 5 out of 5 Environmental Health Award
- Highly qualified levels 3 and 4, well-trained, caring, friendly staff team
- Wrap around care provided for local schools - collection and drop off included
- Spacious, bright, well resourced rooms
- Great links with local schools and outside agencies
- Exciting and challenging discovery garden with an outdoor class room
- Great reputation locally, always recommended by existing parents
- Babble to Chatter initiative – to nurture children’s language and communication.
- Shake and Write Initiative - A dance activity to support all those Physical skills needed for hand writing.
- Computer in the Pre-school room.
- Good Security on entrance to the nursery.
- Food is all fresh and home made in nursery.
- Greeted with a large fish tank in the corridor.
- A parent partnership group is set for new and existing parents to join.
- A long standing a dedicated staff team
- Individual outside play area for each base room.