Celery (thinly sliced)
Leek (thinly sliced)
Butter / margarine
1. Brown off the lamb in a deep based pan. Drain excess fat. And add the lamb back to the pan Add the vegetables, thyme, and bay leaf. Fry for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Transfer the stew to an oven proof dish and cover tightly. Place the lamb stew in the oven for approximately 1.5-2 hours until the meat is tender.
3. Remove the bay leaves.
4. Stir in the gravy granules to thicken the stew.
5. Serve with a bubble and squeak mash
1. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water with the cabbage and sprouts.
2. Drain the potatoes, sprouts and cabbage in a colander and mash together with the butter.
Remember -all cooking appliances vary in performance, these cooking instructions are guidelines only.