Ginger paste or fresh
1tsp or a thumbnail size if fresh
Garlic puree or fresh
1tsp or 2 cloves
Pineapple Chunks in juice
Water for the sauce
1. Peel and dice the onions.
2. Wash, de-seed and remove stalk from the peppers, then slice.
3. Peel and grate the ginger, Peel, and crush the garlic.
4. Drain the Pineapple juice into a jug to add to the sauce.
1. Fry off the chicken in a large pan with the oil for 5 minutes over a high heat, add the onions, garlic, ginger and peppers and fry for a further 5 minutes.
2. Add the pineapple juice from the tin and 200ml of water, tomato puree and vinegar.
3. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer.
4. Once the vegetables have softened, add the pineapple chunks.
5. Mix the cornfl our with the water.
6. Stir into the sauce until it thickens to a velvety consistency.
7. In a large pan of boiling water, place the noodles, giving a stir to break them up and cook until soft.
This recipe is versatile and can be made with pork, tofu or further vegetables.
If the sauce is too thick add a small amount of water, too thin add a little more cornflour.
Remember -all cooking appliances vary in performance, these cooking instructions are guidelines only.