Fresh Parsley (Finely chopped)
Tinned chopped tomatoes
1. Pre heat the oven 200C/180 fan /gas mark 6.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
1. Drain and then flake the tuna into a bowl.
2. Next, tip in the lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs, and egg.
3. Mix with a spoon until completely combined.
4. Roll the mix into equal sized balls and place onto a lined baking tray.
5. Bake until golden and the correct temperature of 75c has been achieved (20-25mins).
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, cook the carrot and onions, for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and just starting to colour.
2. Add the tomatoes, water, red lentils, and tomato puree.
3. When the sauce starts to bubble, turn down to low and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
5. Return the pan to the heat, add the cooked tuna meatballs, and bring back to temperature.
6. Place a large pan of water on to boil, then cook the noodles according to pack instructions.
Remember -all cooking appliances vary in performance, these cooking instructions are guidelines only.