Celery (thinly sliced)
Leek (thinly sliced)
Carrot large (diced)
Swede (small) (diced)
Parsnip (large) (diced)
Butter / margarine
1. Rinse the lentils in cold water, drain thoroughly.
2. Fry off the vegetables in a deep based pan then add the thyme, and bay leaf. Fry for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Add the water, lentils and tomato puree and bring to a simmer until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
4. Gently remove the bay leaves.
5. Stir in the gravy granules to thicken the stew.
6. Serve with a bubble and squeak mash.
1. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water with the cabbage and sprouts.
2. Drain the potatoes, sprouts and cabbage in a colander and mash together with the butter.
Remember -all cooking appliances vary in performance, these cooking instructions are guidelines only.