Busy Bees in Kennington, Ashford
Unit 10 Rutherford Road, Eureka Leisure Park, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4BN
Call Callie on 01233 629200
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
Just Learning in Ashford Kennington provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2013).
Just Learning Kennington is a 108 placement, single storey purpose-built nursery situated in Eureka Leisure Park, Ashford being 10 minutes from the Ashford International train station and just off junction 9 of the M20 motorway.
We are extremely fortunate as a nursery to have both large open planned rooms with fantastic resources for all of the children to explore and enjoy and wonderful large, tree lined gardens for the children to explore.
The nursery is made up of six base rooms with the age ranges being 8 weeks to 1 year, 1 year to 15 months, 15 months to 2 years, 2 years to 3 years and 3 years to 4 years and 4 years to 5 years. Each of the rooms have been beautifully developed with the children’s interests, abilities and needs in mind making inclusion a priority throughout our setting.
We are also very fortunate to have a large recently refurbished outdoor area for the children to explore and play, we promote a “free-flow” experience for the children throughout the day. “Free flow” allows the children to explore and express themselves freely, whether they want to play inside or outside.
The staff aim to cover all of the areas of learning within the EYFS supporting the children’s learning both indoors and out. Activity tables and areas are set up throughout the day with practitioners planning for each of the children’s individual needs on a daily basis.
Our staff are highly qualified and dedicated to meeting the individual needs of the children, having great communication and relationships with parents/guardians is very important to us here as we feel working together in partnership is extremely important for the children’s development. We hold twice yearly parents’ evenings and have a developing Parent Partnership Group which all parents are invited to join.
We run a weekly baby group which is open to all. The group is a registered Positive Birth Movement Group (www.positivebirthmovement.org) supported by HynoBambinos (www.hypnobambinos.co.uk) We meet each Monday 10am until 11.30am with cold drinks and the odd biscuit provided along with all nappies, wipes etc. The group meet in our fully equipped, spacious baby room with access to our lovely gardens and staff who are on hand to support and listen. There is no pressure to sign up for a nursery place, just somewhere to come and meet with other parents and share experiences and seek advice. The nursery is open 52 weeks a year, closed only for weekends and Bank Holidays, so the group runs continuously throughout.
We are extremely proud of the meals that we offer the children daily; we have seasonal menus that are varied and nutritious whilst meeting the needs of individual children. All of our food is prepared freshly and cooked daily onsite by our wonderful chef Beth and her assistant Lina.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- GOOD Ofsted 2016 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Busy Babies – a multi-sensory, cosy area, allowing babies to use their senses to explore and discover, encouraging their physical development
- Talk Time Baskets – tactile baskets of high quality resources to explore language and sounds
- Babble to Chatter – a unique educational enhancement to support communication for children of all ages
- Shake and Write – dance activity to support the physical skills needed for handwriting – exclusive to Busy Bees
- Wake and Shake – exclusive to Busy Bees, a singing and dancing activity to give your child a healthy start to the day
- A purpose-built nursery with 3 warm, nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years, a bright stimulating toddler room and 2 exciting pre-school rooms which are perfect for preparing each child for the next stage of their education
- A large outdoor area which is full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. We are particularly proud of the large garden and varied play equipment
- Extended opening hours from 7.30am - 6.30pm, Monday - Friday (except Bank Holidays) which are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- A private car park near the front door which helps make visits to the nursery stress free
- Nutritious meals which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified cook
- Caring qualified staff who strive to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and fully supported as they grow and learn
What our customers say…
I love that Henry has always done a variety of activities in the day - lots of which we rarely do at home
Everyone's enthusiasm and friendliness. The variety of activities and toys
- Ailla's Mummy
Great staff, great food for the children and excellent facilities. Tommy always comes home a happy boy
- Tommy's Mummy
Thank you so much to everybody at Just Learning who has helped to look after my child for the last 3 and a half years. It means so much to us working parents to know that our children are looked after
Staff are excellent, happy, funny, kind and caring 100% recommend this nursery, Good food and lovely cook too!
- Harry Mc