Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees in Bedford Manton Lane provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2013). Busy Bees day nursery at Bedford is a purpose built nursery in the Brickhill area of Bedford. The nursery is easily accessible from Bedford town centre as well as the A6 and A421 bypasses, we are also a short 20minute walk from the train station.
The team at Bedford are extremely passionate about what they do; many of them have been here since the nursery opened 15yrs ago! Our staff are all level 3 or are working towards their qualifications and the manager holds a level 4 qualification in leadership and management as well as the NNEB. We encourage all our staff to attend further training to develop their skills; we have a dedicated training team at our head office that provides a varied training package for all staff.
We ensure that your children have an enjoyable time while at nursery and that their needs and interests are met through exciting activities and play opportunities. The children take part in a range of Busy Bees initiatives which include Wake and Shake, busy babies, talk time baskets, shake and write, chatterboxes, and Our Imagination station. Our outdoor area is fantastic! We are lucky enough to have a purpose built wooden adventure play area, a separate baby garden as well as gardening areas for the children. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery.
Lena the nursery chef and Fran her assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for the children. All food is cooked fresh daily and is locally sourced. The nursery menus are varied and we can cater for any dietary requirements.
We have built good relationships with the local Sure Start Centre and other agencies including, Local health visiting teams and the early years team at Bedford Borough council. We provide a Parent Partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents listening to their views and making any necessary changes/improvements. We also hold open events for to support the local community such has baby group, play and stay sessions and messy play sessions.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted 2017 - click here to see our report
- Long standing staff qualified staff
- Our imagination station for all those budding little explores
- Shake and write to support children with the skills for writing
- Babble to Chatter to support children of all ages with their communication skills
- A fantastic wooden adventure garden to challenge and interest the children
- Key fob system for secure entry
- A large car park making it easy to drop off and collect your child
- Good location- 15 minutes from the local train station and 10 minutes form the town centre
- Exciting Busy Bees Enhancements in all rooms to support your Childs learning
- Good links with the local schools