Busy Bees at Bernard Street
52 Bernard Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 5QN
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Yanique on 01727 860 542
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in at Bernard Street provides Good childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2017)
Busy Bees at Bernard Street is a purpose built, single-storey nursery with a well-designed layout. We are Ofsted registered and have 61 children here on a daily basis, ranging from 3 months to five years. We have 3 large base rooms: Baby Bees 3 months to 18 months, Honey Bees 18 months to 3 years and Busy Bees 3-5 years. The nursery has a good sized garden which includes 3 separate areas. A high standard of care is provided by our friendly and experienced staff team, in bright and welcoming group rooms.
The nursery is located 15 minutes’ walk from St Albans Train station, and 10 minutes’ drive from A1, M1 and M25. We also have a small car park for the convenience of drop off and pick up times. We also have 2 buggy sheds where parents can leave buggies, scooters etc to make pick up and drop offs easier.
The staff team are passionate about the delivery of a range of indoor and outdoor activities that promote the developmental stages and interests of the individual child. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery.
Julie our French teacher has been teaching our pre-school children for the past 12 years.
Lindsey our nursery chef provides all the children with two fresh, healthy and nutritious meals a day, which are prepared on site. The children also get breakfast in the morning and two snacks during the day. We enjoy fresh milk everyday which is delivered from the milkman.
The staff are consistently trained in various aspects of childcare, Busy Bees offer their own in house training to staff. We also access training through the local authority.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- GOOD Ofsted 2017 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day.
- Click IT – Computer lessons for the over 2’s (separate fee if you wish for your child to take part)
- Hairdresser every 6-7 weeks
- Exclusive Pre School academy
- Children's PC- come on all you IT users show us how its done
- Large, secure garden area with all-weather surfaces, and a separate baby garden, which the children enjoy daily
- Monkeynastics – A fun and challenging fitness movement education program developing physical literacy.
- Welcoming and homely environment
- Spacious rooms for each age-group
- Near to Station and town, great for commuters
- Nursery all on ground level, based in a residential area
- Nursery car park for easy drop off/pick up
What our customers say…
I have liked that you have 2 men working at the nursery as I think this creates a good balance and security in the work place
We have been very happy with the care and attention that Josh has received. We will be very sad to leave.
- M A Page
Throughout the 3 years we have been constantly impressed by the attitude of all the staff and management. The service is 1st class and we shall be sad but excited for Elliott to be starting school.
- Mr and Mrs Simcock
I would like to praise Emma and Jayne for being consistently professional in looking after Poppy. Aimee and Rosie have done a good job too. Ill be sad see Poppy leave.
The attention and care that has been given to Elliott has consistently been of the highest standard. Thanks for all their help!
- Mr and Mrs Simcock