Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees in at Bernard Street provides Good childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2017)
Busy Bees at Bernard Street is a purpose built, single-storey nursery with a well-designed layout. We are Ofsted registered and have 61 children here on a daily basis, ranging from 3 months to five years. We have 3 large base rooms: 3 months-24 months, 2-3’s and 3-5’s. The nursery has a good sized garden which includes 3 separate areas. A high standard of care is provided by our friendly and experienced staff team, in bright and welcoming group rooms.
The nursery is located 15 minutes’ walk from St Albans Train station, and 10 minutes’ drive from A1, M1 and M25. We also have a small car park for the convenience of drop off and pick up times. We also have 2 buggy sheds where parents can leave buggies, scooters etc to make pick up and drop offs easier.
The staff team are passionate about the delivery of a range of indoor and outdoor activities that promote the developmental stages and interests of the individual child. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery.
Julie our French teacher has been teaching our pre-school children for the past 12 years.
Lindsey our nursery chef provides all the children with two fresh, healthy and nutritious meals a day, which are prepared on site. The children also get breakfast in the morning and two snacks during the day. We enjoy fresh milk everyday which is delivered from the milkman.
The staff are consistently trained in various aspects of childcare, Busy Bees offer their own in house training to staff. We also access training through the local authority.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted 2017 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day.
- Click IT – Computer lessons for the over 2’s (separate fee if you wish for your child to take part)
- Hairdresser every 6-7 weeks
- Exclusive Pre School academy
- Children's PC- come on all you IT users show us how its done
- Large, secure garden area with all-weather surfaces, and a separate baby garden, which the children enjoy daily
- Monkeynastics – A fun and challenging fitness movement education program developing physical literacy.
- Welcoming and homely environment
- Spacious rooms for each age-group
- Near to Station and town, great for commuters
- Nursery all on ground level, based in a residential area
- Nursery car park for easy drop off/pick up