Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees in Chelmsford provides OUTSTANDING childcare as reported by Ofsted 2014.
Our nursery has been designed with children in mind; from the single storey construction and separate self-contained base rooms, through to the large, spacious and fully enclosed garden which has just been recently refurbished; the nursery now covers all the areas of learning and is well loved by all the children. Every safety aspect has been considered. Our nursery is located in the heart of the community in Central Chelmsford towards the back of Central Park, in a quiet residential area. We are approximately 5 minutes from the town centre and approximately 10 minutes from the train station.
We received a third consecutive ‘Outstanding’ rating following our latest Ofsted inspection in March 2014. Less than 10% of early year’s settings in the UK hold this rating, and we are proud to have received this result for a third successive time. We are extremely dedicated about what we do. Our dedicated staff are all qualified to level 3 or above or are working towards their qualifications. We take full advantage of the training courses provided through Busy Bees and access support provided through our individual teams at Head Office.
We ensure that your children have an enjoyable time while at nursery and that their needs and interests are met through exciting activities and play opportunities. The children take part in a range of unique Busy Bees learning enhancement which include, Shake and Write, Wake and Shake, Talk Time Baskets, Nurturing Maths, Babble to Chatter and for our over 3’s Outdoor Detectives.
Our nursery chef, Barrie and assistant chef, Andrew are committed to providing exceptional, nutritious and healthy meals for the children. The 3 week rolling menus offer a varied range of foods and any dietary requirements can be catered for by our dedicated Chefs.
We have excellent links within the community including children’s centres, primary schools, health visitors, colleges and the early years team at Essex County Council. We provide a Parent Partnership Group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents listening to their views and making any necessary changes/improvements.
We are always moving forward opening up new doors and doing new things to ensure we continue to provide excellent childcare. We would love for you to visit our nursery and experience our wonderful setting, meet the team and learn more about everything we have to offer you and your child. We hope to welcome you soon!
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2014 - click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Babble to Chatter a learning enhancement, designed to increase language and communication outcomes for the under-fives
- Shake and Write fun foundations for Early Writing Skills
- Nurturing Maths Nurturing problem solving to mathematics
- Talk Time Baskets Children can immerse themselves in the well loved traditional stories. A wonderful communication and stimulating imagination resource
- Outdoor Detectives for the over 3’s. We need to educate our children in pre-school about the dangers of eating things in the garden and support them in looking for and identifying potential hazards in their outdoor environments
- The play areas are bright, spacious and welcoming. To ensure your child's comfort, all rooms have air conditioning and under floor heating so that we can maintain an appropriate temperature all year round
- CCTV and secure access systems - for your peace of mind
- Large, fully enclosed individual gardens and outdoor play for each age group
- Nappies and wipes are inclusive for all under 2's
- Healthy menu and weaning menus all freshly prepared and cooked by our in house chef
- Situated in a quiet residential area
- Secure key fob system to allow entry to the building
- We have our own Parent Partnership Group at the nursery which consists of parents from within the nursery and the managers. We meet quarterly to discuss ideas of moving the nursery forward and fundraising. We are always looking for new members!
- Located conveniently close to the town centre and train station with good links to main roads
- We will be offering eligible parents the opportunity to access the 30 hours of enhanced funding from September 2017 (Limited spaces available)
- We accept childcare vouchers
- 5* EHO rating