Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at the Jolly Roger is a uniquely designed, single storey, open plan nursery in the grounds of the Land Registry Office on Torrington Avenue. The nursery is close to the A45, Tile Hill and Canley station.
The nursery has 3 main play rooms catering for children aged 3 months to 5 years, all the individual rooms have access to the garden area. The children have the opportunity to explore their surroundings using their physical skills to climb the slide, use their social skills to play in the summer house and enjoy the free choice of wonderful activities. The children have access to an allotment where they can grow their own fruit and vegetables and learn about healthy eating, the children really enjoy picking their own vegetables and eating them for lunch or tea.
The children have many learning opportunities throughout all the age groups, in which experienced and qualified staff cater for all children’s individual needs and interests for personalised learning. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows which adds to open aspects of the rooms and brings the outdoors indoors. The rooms are well resourced and children have free access to the equipment and are able to lead their own learning with the support from staff.
Whilst at nursery the children enjoy delicious home cooked food which is nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a four week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures, flavours and colours within their meal. We are also fully equipped to provide food for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences and we will always provide a vegetarian option to meat dishes.
The staff at Jolly Roger are committed, skilled and most of all passionate about the quality of care they offer to both children and their families. The majority of the staff at Jolly Roger are qualified at Level 3 or are working towards their qualifications. A member of staff has achieved their Early Years Foundation Degree and the Nursery Manager has achieved her B.A Hons Degree in Early Childhood Education. The Nursery has long standing members of staff and are keen to develop their knowledge and skills through training either through Busy Bees or the local authority. The nursery staff are always available to offer advice, suggestions and support to all families whenever needed.
If you would like to experience a happy, safe and homely environment, then please arrange an appointment to come and visit the nursery and see for yourself what a great nursery it really is. We will be happy to answer any questions either by telephone or in person.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted 2016
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Long standing, established and friendly staff team
- Well established mature garden accessible to the children from all the rooms with a separate allotment on the Land Registry site.
- Wake and Shake initiative to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative coming soon!
- Stay and play every Wednesday 9.30am until 11am and 2pm until 3pm…and every Thursday 2pm until 3pm
- Good equipment and learning materials
- Coventry award with 6 stars from Enviromental Health
- Secure access into the Land registry and good security systems within the nursery building
- Open Plan nursery with 3 main areas - under 2's, 2-3's and 3+
- All meals are Home cooked on the premises.
- The open plan nursery allows for the children to interact with children in other age groups at times during the day.