Welcome to our nursery…
You and your child will love our nursery; all of our team are passionate about providing quality child care and ensuring that each and every child at Busy Bees has the best start in life.
The Nursery is set behind Purley five ways and is located at the edge of Duppas Hill Park in South Croydon. It is walking distance to Waddon train station (0.6 miles) and a 35 minute train journey into London, there is also a direct route into Sutton. With our extended opening hours, and accessible parking for drop off and collections parent’s are able to use the nursery complimenting their work or travel arrangements.
Our nursery is purpose built with the children’s interests in mind we cater for babies and children from 3 month to 5 years. All rooms are based on the ground floor and all children’s rooms lead out into the nursery garden which measures …... every area of the nursery was designed for the children to explore, learn, create and enjoy.
The nursery has an onsite catering facilities with a Chef who has 30 years experience of working in catering. Our Kitchen holds the grade 5 for food safety which is awarded by the local environmental health inspection team. We are proud to have maintained this high level of food safety for the last 6 years. The chef works with parents and the team in providing a varied menu, whist catering for medical, cultural and religious requirements, we also source organic milk.
We are passionate at providing the best possible start for children and their families. Our recent ofsted report from December 2016 grades the nursery as GOOD in all areas and comments
‘Children form strong bonds with their key person and other staff, staff support their key children’s emotional well-being effectively’
‘Children explore different materials which help them to develop strong finger muscles in preparation for early writing skills’
‘All children learn a good range of skills that prepare the well for the future and starting school’.
We work with our parents to create the best early years experience for the children in our care through individual learning journeys and the key person approach.
We run an in house parent partnership group which has been established now for 6 years and supports the nursery in making improvements, new ideas or supporting new parents into the nursery. We build upon our already strong relationships with our parents and work together to continually develop our nursery with our children’s interests at the very heart of everything we do.
Throughout the week key staff plan and provide for our children a fun, stimulating and safe environment in which they will learn and develop new skills as they grow. We also have an excellent range of activities which the children can take part in.
- French – this is carried out by a member of the staff who is fluent in speaking the language
- Music – African drumming
- Cooking – varied activities are carried out
- Wake and shake
- Talk time baskets
- Nurturing maths
- Babble to Chatter
Our Pre-School Academy is tailor-made by our team of in-house childcare professionals to meet the emotional, social and physical needs of children aged between 3 and 5 years old. We work closely with a network of local schools and offer a range of resources that ensures that every child in our care experiences a seamless transition to reception or year 1 at your chosen school.
Through a stimulating and entertaining timetable filled with age appropriate activities, your child will be are exposed to valuable learning opportunities every day which are in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Foundation Phase, and Curriculum for Excellence and National Care Standards.
Croydon staff team are committed to make every day at Busy Bees an exceptional day, with the highest standards of childcare locally. We welcome you to our ‘Busy Bees Family’
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted 2016 - Click here to view our report
- A purpose-built nursery with 5 warm and nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years.
- 2 bright stimulating toddler rooms and 1 spacious pre-school room which is perfect for preparing each individual child for school.
- A parent room for our new and existing parents to relax and take their time during the settling in process.
- A large outdoor area which is full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. We are particularly proud of the large garden and varied play equipment
- All age groups have direct access into the garden and separate areas for messy play activities.
- Extended opening hours from 7.30am - 6.30pm which are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- Shift patterns can be accommodated depending on availability. Ideal for NHS staff
- We are open throughout the year, Monday - Friday, except Bank Holidays
- Parents working for Croydon Council receive 10% discount off there fee's
- A private car park to help make visits to the nursery stress free
- Nutritious meals which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified cook.
- Outstanding on our recent catering audit.
- 5 stars from EHO.
- Caring, qualified staff who strive to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and supported as they grow and learn.