Busy Bees in Croydon
164 Old School Place, Croydon, CR0 4GB
Call Amy on 0203 292 5906
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
We are a long-standing nursery with deep roots within the local community. All of our team are passionate about providing quality child care and ensuring that each and every child at Busy Bees has the best start in life. We have a long standing staff team and combined have over 177 years experience working in childcare.
The Nursery is set behind Purley five ways and is located at the edge of Duppas Hill Park in South Croydon. It is walking distance to Waddon train station (0.6 miles) and a 35 minute train journey into London, there is also a direct route into Sutton.
Our nursery is purpose built with the children’s interests in mind we cater for babies and children from 3 months to 5 years. All rooms are based on the ground floor and all children’s rooms lead out into the nursery garden. Every area of the nursery was designed for the children to explore, learn, create and enjoy.
The nursery has an onsite catering facilitie with a Chef who has 30 years experience of working in catering. Our Kitchen holds the grade 5 for food safety which is awarded by the local environmental health inspection team. We are proud to have maintained this high level of food safety for the last 10 years. The chef works with parents and the team in providing a varied menu, whist catering for medical, cultural and religious requirements, we also source organic milk.
We are passionate at providing the best possible start for children and their families. Our recent OFSTED report from October 2018 grades the nursery as GOOD in all areas and comments:
‘Staff develop effective partnerships with parents and other professionals.’
‘ Staff regularly share information about children needs. This helps to develop effective learning plans to support children well. Parents speak highly of the setting and the good progress their children make.’
‘Staff are sensitive to babies' emotional needs and help them to settle well and feel secure in the nursery.’
‘Children form strong attachments with staff that help to build their confidence successfully.’
‘ Staff are approachable, welcoming and supportive. Children develop positive behaviour. ‘
‘Management and staff are committed to providing high-quality care and learning. For example, effective procedures are in place to monitor staff practice and children's progress. They evaluate practice to ensure that the nursery is continually improving.’
We work with our parents to create the best early years experience for the children in our care through individual learning journeys and the key person approach.
We run an in house parent partnership group which has been established now for 10 years and supports the nursery in making improvements, new ideas or supporting new parents into the nursery. We build upon our already strong relationships with our parents and work together to continually develop our nursery with our children’s interests at the very heart of everything we do.
Throughout the week key staff plan and provide for our children a fun, stimulating and safe environment in which they will learn and develop new skills as they grow. We also have an excellent range of activities which the children can take part in.
- Cooking – varied activities are carried out
- Wake and shake
- UP activities
Through a stimulating and entertaining timetable filled with age appropriate activities, your child will be exposed to valuable learning opportunities every day which are in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Foundation Phase, and Curriculum for Excellence and National Care Standards.
Croydon staff team are committed to make every day at Busy Bees an exceptional day, with the highest standards of childcare locally. We welcome you to our ‘Busy Bees Family’.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Good Ofsted 2018 - Click here to view our report
- A weekly rate of just £254 all inclusive
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- A purpose-built nursery with 5 warm and nurturing rooms for children aged 0-5 years.
- 1 cosy stimulating baby room, 1 spacious stimulating Pretoddler room, 1 bright stimulating toddler room, 1 Learning zone, and 1 spacious pre-school room which is perfect for preparing each individual child for school.
- A parent room for our new and existing parents to relax and take their time during the settling in process.
- A large outdoor area which is full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. We are particularly proud of the large garden and varied play equipment
- All age groups have direct access into the garden and separate areas for messy play activities.
- We are open throughout the year, Monday - Friday, except Bank Holidays
- Parents working for Croydon Council or the NHS receive 10% discount off their fee's
- A spacious private car park to help make visits to the nursery stress free
- Nutritious meals which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified cook and are accredited by the NHS.
- Outstanding on our recent catering audit.
- 5 stars from EHO in January 2019.
- UP app for practitioners and staff where you are able to get fun filled activities, songs and rhymes to extend your child’s learning.
- Caring staff who strive to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and supported as they grow and learn.