From 07:30 to 18:15 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
0 - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Our nursery is set in an attractive natural landscape with mature trees and well maintained enclosed gardens. We are situated within the grounds of Ninewells Hospital. The nursery is on ground floor level with a secure entry system and a pedestrian ramp which provides excellent access for visitors, including those with accessibility needs. We have two drop off zones for cars and we also provide a covered pram storage area.
The nursery is in partnership with Dundee City Council and your child may be eligible for a funded place for children aged between 3-5 years. We welcome all children and families to the nursery.
All staff work hard to ensure that each and every child is included in all nursery activities and events. We have effective working relationships with many professionals across a range of settings and agencies. Working effectively with these partners helps us to make a real difference to the quality of care, education and support offered to all children.
Why you'll love our nursery...
Our Values and Aims
- Nurturing and developing each and every child by promoting wellbeing and health.
- Every child is central to their own learning and is entitled to be listened to and contribute and participate in the life of the nursery.
- Being open, honest and accountable by constantly looking to improve ourselves and our service using self-evaluation and consultation.
- Providing equality of opportunities by offering a positive environment which recognises each child, parent and member of staff’s individuality.
- Developing employees by creating an environment where continuous professional development is encouraged and valued.
- Working in partnership by liaising closely with those with whom we share a common purpose e.g. parents, children, other agencies and primary schools etc.
About our staff
Our Early Years Practitioners and Support Workers are experienced in child care and early education. They are selected for their expertise in particular areas of child development and their genuine and caring nature towards children.
Staff members hold, or are working towards, the appropriate qualifications to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), the government body whose aim is to raise the standards of staff working with your child. We have an expectation of our staff to continue to update their skills and qualifications.
- 94% of our staff have a recognised child care qualification and are eligible to register with the SSSC.
- 82% of our staff are qualified Early Years Practitioners
- A further 12% are support workers who are either qualified or working towards to SVQ Level 2.
A high ratio of adults to children ensures there is time for individual attention.
Staff are responsive to your child’s changing needs. Parents are also the vital link in this exchange as staff rely on parents sharing any new information about their child when you are welcomed each morning or on your return at the end of the day.
What our customers say…
Niamh has really enjoyed her time at nursery. We have been really pleased with the care she has received at the Nursery. We have greatly appreciated the professionalism and dedication.
I had been worried at the beginning of September that James might be bored or not enjoy nursery... He has made great progress and is very settled and happy
- A. Westwood
Neil has enjoyed his time at nursery very much. Thanks to all the excellent girls.
- S. Bhat
Over the past 4 years of Andrew's time at nursery, we've always found the staff, helpful, approachable and supportive in his development.
- K & D Lowdon
We feel the care provided by the nursery was first class, and that the development of our child and others was important to them. We are happy that they have prepared our child for school
- P. Gibson