Busy Bees at Glasgow Pollokshields
328 Albert Drive, Pollokshields, Glasgow, G41 5DZ
Call Donna on 0141 4203445
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
Welcome to Heritage House Nursery in Pollokshields Glasgow.
The nursery is ideally located for parents using either the M77 and M8 into Glasgow as we are situated only minutes from both.
We provide quality childcare for babies and young children between 6 weeks and 5 years of age.
Heritage House Nursery is a beautiful Victorian House which has been specially adapted to accommodate 90 children. It is situated in a lovely quiet green belt area of suburban Glasgow, but still within easy access for the M8 motorway, and a short walking distance from two local train stations and Glasgow Underground.
Our extensive gardens provide the children with excellent all year round opportunities for learning.
Our opening hours are from 7.30am to 6.00pm Monday - Friday (except Christmas and New Year Bank Holidays) which are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility, and we care for children from the age of six weeks until they go to school.
At Heritage Nursery we offer a safe, friendly atmosphere where children can experience a variety of stimulating and exciting activities to suit their individual needs. The building is bright and roomy and all facilities are accessible to the children. Outside we have several safe, enclosed gardens that offer the children exciting opportunities to play and explore, in all weathers.
We are within walking distance of both Tramway Theatre, Scotland Street Museum and the Burrell Collection and the children often visit or attend workshops at these venues.
Staff are all qualified or working towards a qualification.
Our own chef prepares healthy meals and snacks for the children and we all enjoy visits from Claire our music teacher.
We offer an inclusive fee package, which includes a birthday card on your child's birthday, a special graduation ceremony when your child leaves nursery to attend school.
Come and see our brilliant nursery!
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Beautiful Victorian building
- Four age groups - large, spacious and bright airy rooms
- Large secure gardens for each age group - frequent active outdoor play
- Babble to Chatter - a unique educational enhancement to support communication for children of all ages
- Shake and Write – dance activity to support the physical skills needed for handwriting – exclusive to Busy Bees
- Busy Babies Initiative where contrasting colours encourage babies to reach and explore
- Wake and Shake - Intiative specifically developed for older children. Introduces a burst of activitiy at the start of our sessions, we have found that children perform better if they regularly participate in energetic physical activities
- Base rooms equipped with exciting and stimulating resources and equipment appropriate for the age and stage of the children in the room
- All our current nursery staff are fully qualified and most hold either First Aid at Work or Paediatric First Aid certificates
- Explorers Room - Access to stimulating and active resources
- Rest and relax area - Tranquil space for relaxation and calmness using lilac and violet colours
Babies sleep area - Individual cots, clean fresh bed linen provided every day
Investigators Room - Active learning, encouraged and supported towards more independence
Investigators have direct access to one of our beautiful secure gardens and plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun
- Adventurers Room - Children are supported in toilet training and encouraged to become fully independent in daily activities
- Seekers room - 3 years old the children move here where they actively learn and develop through activities planned using the Curriculum For Excellence early stages
- Older children also have access to their own secure garden and different areas of which are developed and changed according to the childrens current interest
- Health & Safety Co-Ordinator
- Identified Behaviour Management and ASL Co-ordinator - Will work on a one to one basis with parents and children if required
- Parents Forum - meets at least once per term to discuss aspects of the nursery provision and parents are regularly consulted and surveyed and their comments and suggestions reviewed and implemented as appropriate
- The nursery is closed on Good Friday & Easter Monday, 25th & 26th December and 1st & 2nd January. Where Bank holidays fall on a weekend the nursery will be closed on that years designated dates. (Usually the following Monday or Tuesday)
What our customers say…
We have noticed recently our Son Growing interest in writing and drawing with makes us feel encouraged for him starting school
We really appreciate the quality of the food
Thanks for the help over the years in preparing my child for school.
Fantastic nursery I would recommend this to anyone.
So sad to leave but my daughter is prepared and ready for school.