Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Hillingdon Hospital is a purpose built nursery for 114 children. We were originally built in 2004, in 2015 we had a garden refurb this was to make our pre school garden bigger. We are located in the grounds of Hillingdon Hospital and offer special rates for Hillingdon Hospital Trust employees. We are within close distance to the local town of Uxbridge. We are situated near several bus routes and also situated closely for links to the M40, M4 and M25.
Our most recent Ofsted was carried out in May 2013 where we received an overall outcome of GOOD with 3 Outstanding elements.
We have a large staff team AT Hillingdon and the majority of our team have been at here for 5 years plus, many of the staff team started off training as Early Years Educators and have worked their way up through the nursery.
We have four rooms in the nursery Buttercup 3months-14months, Bluebell 15months-2 years, Snowdrop 2-3 years and Pre-School 3-5years. All rooms have an inviting atmosphere with a wide variety of toys and equipment age appropriate to encourage learning and development through their day to day discovery and play. All rooms also have their own individual enclosed gardens.
The children here have a variety of extra-curricular activities available to them as well as in house initiatives that they are able to enjoy on a regular basis. Our Buttercup room has a lovely black and white area to stimulate young babies and lilac sleep areas to soothe and calm the children. All the rooms, twice daily, thoroughly enjoy Wake and Shake by dancing and exercising with their peers and staff team enabling participating in keeping in with a healthy lifestyle. This links in to the 3 weekly seasonal menus that are cooked for the children. Our extra-curricular activities are available for our Snowdrop and Pre-School rooms, if you would like your child to take part you can sign up for these, please see the office for costings.
All outside companies used have full insurance as well as staff who are fully CRB checked and will also have our own staff accompanying them during these activities.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Provides free nappies and wipes
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your baby's senses
- Age appropriate rooms
- Home cooked food made by our fully qualified and experienced chef
- Parent Zone
- Secure front door with added internal security door
- Separate outdoor areas - age appropriate, with free flow throughout the day
- Parent liaison group
- High Percentage of Qualified staff whom also benefit from many training opportunities
- Low staff turnover
- Good links to London via M4, M40 and M25