Welcome to our nursery…
We have an inspiring outside area which children use every day. Outdoor play has many positive benefits for children’s health and well-being as well as offering lots of exciting learning opportunities.
Our food is specially prepared each day by our dedicated Cook and kitchen staff and we take pride in supporting the local community by sourcing our fresh producte locally, providing well-balanced and nutritious meals.
We recognise that nutrition is very important and by offering well balanced seasonal menus you can be confident your child will be served good quality food. We understand that many children have food allergies or cultural requirements and we work in partnership with parents to cater for any individual Child’s needs.
We provide formula milk for babies, and we will follow your feeding routine. The Baby Room has a dedicated milk preparation kitchen and we can also store and prepare bottles of expressed milk if you’re breastfeeding. When your child is ready to start weaning, our varied weaning menu, freshly prepared by our chef, will allow your child to experiment with different flavours and textures, based on their nutritional needs.
The nursery provides regular in-house training throughout the year; this includes Infection Control, Allergy Management, Safeguarding of Children. External Training includes Safeguarding of Children, Food Hygiene and Paediatric First Aid.
Here at Holmes Chapel nursery we have a dedicated Health and Safety co-ordinator on site that looks after all aspects of our Health and Safety.
The local authority offers a number of different training courses throughout the year and staff are encouraged to attend to refresh and broaden their knowledge.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Holmes Chapel are extremely proud of their Outstanding Ofsted 2016 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Babble to Chatter – a unique educational enhancement to support communication for children of all ages
- Shake and Write – dance activity to support the physical skills needed for handwriting – exclusive to Busy Bees
- Wake and Shake – exclusive to Busy Bees, a singing and dancing activity to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me – encourages working together and instils a passion for cooking from an early age
- Busy Babies – a multi-sensory, cosy area, allowing babies to use their senses to explore and discover, encouraging their physical development
- Rooms which are carefully designed, cheerfully decorated and thoughtfully furnished to provide specialist care for each age group
- Modern, age-appropriate toys, sensory play areas, stimulating learning aids and equipment
- Gardens with lots of outdoor play equipment - providing exciting opportunities for all age groups to explore
- Active parental involvement - we always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family. This includes our Parent Partnership Group
- Carefully selected staff who are thoroughly checked before appointment
- Detailed induction programmes and regular training for all staff
- A 'Key Person' who will help you keep in touch with all the activities of the nursery day and also ensure that they can provide your child with extra comfort & security and reassurance if necessary. The role of the key person is paramount and care practices are highly effective
- Safe and secure buildings which have CCTV cameras and closely monitored access
- Regular feedback including annual parental surveys which are valued and encouraged