Busy Bees at Ilford
King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Essex, IG3 8XJ
Call Joanne on 0208 599 0066
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Illford provides OUTSTANDING childcare, as reported by Ofsted in February 2018.
Busy Bees in Ilford, is a children’s day nursery in the grounds of the King George Hospital, just off Barley Lane in Goodmayes, Ilford. We are 2 minutes by car from the A12 and 5 minutes by car from either Goodmayes station or Newbury Park station. We continue to provide exceptional care for children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years.
Our nursery is purpose built with an extension to the back of the building. Each of the rooms are perfect for the different age groups, the under ones have a wonderful lilac area for cosy quiet time and a black, white and red area for those more physical activities. The over 1’s have 4 rooms of fantastic equipment and activities, they have constant access to the outside environment. The toddler children have a lovely stimulating environment to encourage their development. Our preschool children have 3 large rooms with lots of various activities, computers, role play, construction, exploration and investigation just to name a few of the areas set up for the children. All the children have direct access to the garden and separate areas for the messy play activities.
Extended opening hours from 6.45am – 7.00pm, Monday – Friday (except Bank Holidays) which are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility. We are the only nursery in the area to open at these times. We have a private car park for ease of drop off and pick up.
Our menus are prepared and cooked daily by our wonderful cooks, Margaret and Janet, we have fresh fruit and vegetables daily and each of the meals are well balanced and nutritious.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted February 2018 - Click here to view our report
- Large, purpose built nursery with an extension to the back
- 6 warm, nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years, 3 bright stimulating toddler rooms and 3 exciting pre-school rooms, which are perfect for preparing each child for school
- A large outdoor area, which is full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. We are particularly proud of our huge garden and varied play equipment. All age groups have direct access into the garden and separate areas for messy play activities
- Extended opening hours from 6.45am – 7.00pm, Monday – Friday (except Bank Holidays) which are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility. We are the only nursery in the area to open at these times
- A private car park for ease of drop off and pick up
- Nutritious meals and snacks, which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified cooks
- Long-serving, caring, qualified staff, who strive to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and fully supported as they grow and learn. Many of our staff have worked here since we opening in 1998. They have experience and love for the children in their care and always make the children’s best interests a priority. The staff work to encourage each child to reach its highest potential and ensure that all are treated equally whilst still maintaining their individuality
- We have an excellent partnership with parents. Many return to the nursery with their second or even third child and also recommend us to their friends and families
- We have introduced the Wake and Shake initiative, this is a fantastic way to get the children motivated, they enjoy the dance and the song and then they’re raring to go, it helps with their physical skills, their vocabulary, it gets them thinking and it’s great fun
What our customers say…
Every child is valued and treated with highest respect, and that is what all of us parents demand. We all have difficulties in our lives as parents; however the manager has always shown her caring way
I believe that you cannot pay enough to ensure that your children are being well cared for and happy in your absence.
Very approachable and friendly environment, if you have a request or concern the nursery manager and key workers are always on hand to deal with it.
I love the facilities and the big open garden with lots of different play things and areas.
Strong relationship between parent and staff/staff and child. Our child feels really valued and the nursery is nurturing her nature.