Busy Bees at Colton Mill
Stile Hill Way, Leeds, LS15 9JB
Call Kirsty on 0113 264 8617
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
3 months to 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Our Nursery is a modern, bright, spacious and purpose built building with fantastic road links.
The nursery provides delicious home cooked food made in our on-site kitchen, with food which is nutritionally balanced and offering a healthy variety due to the 3 week rolling menus in place. We are also proud holders of a 5 star Hygiene rating from Environmental Health (last inspected in January 2014)
We provide a wonderful array of activities and events for all the children. Take a look through our ‘What’s on’ guide and News pages for a few examples of our monthly activities. We also offer Baby Ballet classes every Wednesday. We have our ‘Cooking with Me’ and 'Grow Your Own' Initiatives to involve the children with learning about cooking from the garden to the plate. We also have our ‘Wake and Shake’ Initiative.
As we opened in 2003, we are well established and equally well resourced. Our preschool also offers the perfect environment to help support your child with getting ready to start school. They have the use of PCs and an interactive Smart Board and take regular trips to local places of interest, including visits to the theatre to see classics such as Cinderella, Pets at Home, Zoo Lab and many more.
Your child’s health, care, enjoyment and interests are always at the forefront of everything we do. This is further demonstrated through us providing daily feedback through our Baby Diaries and our strong parent partnership relationships, please see our ‘Meet the Parents page’ if you wish to contact a member of our Partnership Group, we find this is always helpful to receive an insight from a parents prospective before making the nursery choice for you and your child.
Your child will have a dedicated key person responsible for their Learning Journal which tracks your child’s progress and development against the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum through progress reports and learning journeys. We also hold regular Parents’ Evenings and Support Evenings, such as weaning and potty training.
We have a strong caring staff team who we’d love you to meet, you are more than welcome to attend a ‘Stay and Play’ session so you and your child can experience our nursery.
Their qualifications range from NVQ level 2 through to degrees in Childhood Studies and many are now long serving members of the team here. Added to this we have a dedicated Health and Safety Coordinator on site, a SENCO and a Child Safeguarding Officer.
We also achieved an OUSTANDING rating from Ofsted in February 2018.
Make an appointment to come along and see more for yourself today. You only want the best for the most precious little person in your life and we want to provide your child with the best.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- OUTSTANDING by OFSTED February 2018 - Click here to view
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Fees include meals, drinks and snacks prepared on site by our nursery Chef, and nappies and wipes for Under 2’s
- Cooking with Me initiative for all those little chefs in the family
- Grow Your Own initiative for all those budding gardeners
- Strong, caring staff team with a mix of appropriate qualifications
- Well equipped and maintained premises, offering a safe and secure environment
- Large and secure outdoor play area with soft surface and 'no mow' grassed area
- A great range of the latest Interactive Communication Technology resources such as Interactive Smartboard technology
- Family - orientated activities and theme days
- Secure key fob security system including purpose built safety features (e.g. viewing panels and high door handles)
- EHO carried out August 2015
What our customers say…
Busy Bees is an exceptional nursery. We visited many others in the area and Busy Bees smashed them all. From start to finish a positive experience
- Paul Ellis
Always welcoming and friendly, and willing to accommodate our needs
- Fiona Evans
You know my child well and I feel they are treated as a special and valued member of the nursery
- Rachel Dowling-Brown
I believe me child has gained more confidence in social circles since attending nursery
- Sharon Best
Level of care and service is very high. Already recommended.
- Victoria Dickenson