Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees Whipps Cross Nursery is located within the grounds of Whipps Cross Hospital just off of Whipps Cross Road in Leytonstone. We are 5 minutes away from Wood Street overground station and a 20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride away from Leytonstone underground station. Buses W19, W15, W12, 357 stop within the hospital grounds, meaning you can alight at the main entrance stop. Buses 257, 56, and 230 also all stop near the hospital grounds at the Whipps Cross roundabout. We are 5 minutes away from the A406.
We provide exceptional full day care to 100 (full time equivalent) children aged between 6 weeks and five years.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted December 2017 - Click here to view our report
- A large, purpose-built, single storey nursery with access at ground level. This helps to promote the inclusion of children with physical disabilities. There are large doors, each room has its own toilets and all children have direct access to the garden. Ten rooms are specifically for the children’s every day use with large windows which allow natural light to flow in. Each of these has a stimulating, tailored environment specifically designed for children of certain ages (loosely, but not prescriptively)
- Six warm nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years, 2 bright stimulating rooms for children aged 2-3 years and 2 exciting pre-school rooms - perfect for helping prepare children for their transition to school
- A large outdoor area full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore - our pre-school garden offers a bespoke log cabin and staged decking of varying heights
- Extended opening hours from 6.45am - 7.00pm, Monday – Friday (except Bank Holidays) designed to give flexibility to families. We are the only nursery in the area to open for these times
- Nutritious meals and snacks which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified catering staff
- Long-serving, caring, qualified staff that are representative of the community we serve. Many of the staff have worked here since we opened in 1998. Key persons provide individualised learning and care that enhances the development of the children. Every child is supported individually to make progress at their own pace.
- Wake and Shake to energise the children's bodies and minds
- Busy Babies for encouraging the babies to explore the world arround them