6.45am - 7.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Good Ofsted March 2015 with an outstanding aspect - Click here to see our report
- Purpose built nursery
- A separate baby room for babies under 1 year or age.
- Nurturing free flow rooms for our 1 year to 2 year old’s.
- 2 bright stimulating toddler rooms for our 2-3 year old's
- 2 exciting pre-school rooms perfect for preparing each individual child for school
- Shake and Write in our pre-school rooms, this is designed to develop children’s hand writing skills. Research shows that children who have experienced this multi sensory approach to learning letter shapes go on to have more confident, assured and flowing handwriting.
- Large outdoor area - Gardens laid out for each age group, full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. The benefit of outdoor play is well documented and we are particularly proud of the large garden and play equipment
- Extended opening hours - 6.45am - 7.00pm are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- Wake and Shake – Every morning in our over 2’s rooms, help your little one wake up with our lively music wake up dance
- Busy Babies – Our initiative in our baby rooms, black and white areas helping to stimulate baby’s brain. Lilac and violet used for a place of rest and relaxation a tranquil space. There is more information on our archive page further into the website, with before and after photographs
- Babble to Chatter – an enhancement to develop children’s speech and language skills.
- A private car park - making dropping off and picking up your children stress free, we are in the grounds of Maidstone Hospital
- Nutritious meals - which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified chef
- Caring qualified staff - who strive to ensure each individual child is happy, well cared for and supported in moving forward in their learning
- Bright airy spaces with a friendly atmosphere
- Health Visitor visits the Nursery every month at no extra cost.
Why You Will Love Our Nursery
Here at Maidstone hospital we pride ourselves on the dedication and care that we offer to each individual child. We work closely with Families ensuring children are happy and supported within their development and are given the opportunity to fully flourish to their full potential.
In our Pre-School Room we have ‘Sporty Tots’ on a Tuesday where the children get involved in a range of different sports.
We have Wake and Shake initiative within our toddler and Pre-school room which helps to wake your little one up and prepare them for the fun, busy day ahead. Shake and Write to develop the children’s hand writing skills, babble to chatter which supports the children’s language and development skills.
In our under 1 year old room we have Busy Babies which is our new initiative; there are black and white areas to help stimulate the babies brains and a Lilac and Violet area used for a place of relaxation and tranquil space. We also take our babies for walks around the hospital site to see the fish throughout the week.
Each age group have their own free-flow access into the garden where exciting activities are planned, our 2-3’s garden has just had an amazing refurb.
Busy Bees won a Silver Award for the ‘Food For Life Catering Service’, please ask to have a look at our exciting and nourishing menus.
We take babies from 3 months old to 5 years of age. Here at Maidstone we offer families extended opening hours between 6.45am-7pm to fit in with your busy schedules. We have our own car park for drop off and collection.
We also have a health visitor that comes to us once a month, Penny will weigh your child and complete your red book and answer any questions you might have. Saves you a trip to make an appointment with a health visitor.
Why not see for yourself and come and visit us!
Don’t forget to have a look at the Newstories on the website and see what we get up to on a daily basis. â€‹
Molly has learnt so much from pre-school especially independence. She loves to play and learn and they offer opportunities to do both. I would highly recommend Busy Bees to any parent - Emma Pennycard
Increased confidence and socialisation skills. Increased level of independence and manners
We have noticed from early on how his interaction with other children and adults have improved. We really appreciate the nursery plays in the development of our children
The late opening this is invaluable
Very friendly atmosphere. Our daughter feels safe and genuinely happy at the nursery
We are proud to support:
Meet the Team
My name is Emily Lacey, I am the Manager at Maidstone Hospital. I work Monday to Friday.
I joined the Maidstone Hospital Nursery in April 2014. I have many years experience working within Early Years. Most recently I was a Senior Manager for Kinder Nurseries which has now become part of Busy Bees.
I am Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Early Years, Care, Learning and Development and also hold a BTEC Level 3 qualification.
I have always thoroughly enjoyed my job and am passionate about our nursery and the care we provide for our children.
I'm Charlotte, I have worked at the nursery here at Maidstone Hospital since we opened in 2005. I have been in childcare since leaving school going onto college gaining my NNEB and then completing my NVQ level 3 in Management and my NVQ4. I have always loved working with and looking after children, watching them grow, achieve and develop. My 2 children have both attended the nursery. My daughter is now at school and my little boy now attends and absolutely loves it.
Hello I am Rachel,the financial administrator for the Nursery . I have worked at the nursery since February 2007, I have my NVQ Level 4, I am first aid at work trained and I am also the nursery's Health and Safety Coordinator.
Senior Room Manager
I have worked at the nursery since May 2006 and I have the NVQ 4. I work in the baby room and work closely with the girls to help them with their EYFS and since becoming 3rd in Charge I work very closely with the manager and assistant manager often covering shifts when they are away.
I am the main chef of the nursery. I cook the lunches and help the afternoon cook to prepare the afternoon tea.
We are the bigger side of Pre-school. We love doing lots of art and craft activities and exploring our garden outdoors :)
We are the Tiggers Room which is one of the 2-3 year old rooms. We all love our job and we especially enjoy lots of messy play, remember your spare clothes!
We are the team in Rabbits, one of the 1-2 year old rooms.
So we were asked why we love working in rabbits:
Beneficial for the childrens future
Beautiful to see their smiles
Truly fun,the children make our day.
Surprising, each day is never the same.
We love working with this age group of children, helping them to develop and watching them grow and flourish. Both the children and staff enjoy lots of messy play. We hope you come and visit us.
We are the team in Piglets. Piglets is one of our 2-3 year old rooms. We all thoroughly enjoy watching the children learn and develop. In Piglets we enjoy doing lots of art and craft and outdoor play!
Hi we are the team in the smaller pre-school side. We love to spend lots of time in the garden where we can even grow our own plants and vegetables.
We are the baby room team who look after all babies from 3months-12months of age. We cater and follow for all babies individual routines.