Busy Bees at Maidstone Hospital
Maidstone Hospital, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9QQ
Call Heather on 01622 226515
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
Here at Maidstone hospital we pride ourselves on the dedication and care that we offer to each individual child. We work closely with Families ensuring children are happy and supported within their development and are given the opportunity to fully flourish to their full potential.
In our Pre-School Room we have ‘Sporty Tots’ on a Tuesday where the children get involved in a range of different sports.
We have Wake and Shake initiative within our toddler and Pre-school room which helps to wake your little one up and prepare them for the fun, busy day ahead. Shake and Write to develop the children’s hand writing skills, babble to chatter which supports the children’s language and development skills.
In our under 1 year old room we have Busy Babies which is our new initiative; there are black and white areas to help stimulate the babies brains and a Lilac and Violet area used for a place of relaxation and tranquil space. We also take our babies for walks around the hospital site to see the fish throughout the week.
Each age group have their own free-flow access into the garden where exciting activities are planned, our 2-3’s garden has just had an amazing refurb.
Busy Bees won a Silver Award for the ‘Food For Life Catering Service’, please ask to have a look at our exciting and nourishing menus.
We take babies from 3 months old to 5 years of age. Here at Maidstone we offer families extended opening hours between 6.45am-7pm to fit in with your busy schedules. We have our own car park for drop off and collection.
We also have a health visitor that comes to us once a month, Penny will weigh your child and complete your red book and answer any questions you might have. Saves you a trip to make an appointment with a health visitor.
Why not see for yourself and come and visit us!
Don’t forget to have a look at the Newstories on the website and see what we get up to on a daily basis. â€‹
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Good Ofsted October 2017 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Purpose built nursery
- A separate baby room for babies under 1 year or age.
- Nurturing free flow rooms for our 1 year to 2 year old’s.
- 2 bright stimulating toddler rooms for our 2-3 year old's
- 2 exciting pre-school rooms perfect for preparing each individual child for school
- Shake and Write in our pre-school rooms, this is designed to develop children’s hand writing skills. Research shows that children who have experienced this multi sensory approach to learning letter shapes go on to have more confident, assured and flowing handwriting.
- Large outdoor area - Gardens laid out for each age group, full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. The benefit of outdoor play is well documented and we are particularly proud of the large garden and play equipment
- Extended opening hours - 6.45am - 7.00pm are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- Wake and Shake – Every morning in our over 2’s rooms, help your little one wake up with our lively music wake up dance
- Busy Babies – Our initiative in our baby rooms, black and white areas helping to stimulate baby’s brain. Lilac and violet used for a place of rest and relaxation a tranquil space. There is more information on our archive page further into the website, with before and after photographs
- Babble to Chatter – an enhancement to develop children’s speech and language skills.
- A private car park - making dropping off and picking up your children stress free, we are in the grounds of Maidstone Hospital
- Nutritious meals - which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served daily by our qualified chef
- Caring qualified staff - who strive to ensure each individual child is happy, well cared for and supported in moving forward in their learning
- Bright airy spaces with a friendly atmosphere
- Health Visitor visits the Nursery every month at no extra cost.
What our customers say…
The staff really know the children well and feels like they are their own little people there not just children being looked after
All the staff are so friendly and welcoming, the staff take the time to get to know you as a parent rather than just being a number
Molly has learnt so much from pre-school especially independence. She loves to play and learn and they offer opportunities to do both. I would highly recommend Busy Bees to any parent
- Emma Pennycard
Increased confidence and socialisation skills. Increased level of independence and manners
We love seeing our Son so excited about going to Pre-school to see all of his friends and he likes to tell us everything he has been doing during the day.
- Alyson and Leigh Barcroft